Quality difference between HG50 and HG70 shimano cassettes

davy

Guest
All,

any quality difference between HG50 and HG70 shimano cassettes for MTB
application?

There's a big difference in the price (~7 GBP).

Price of HG70=price of HG50 + SRAM chain

thanks for any help

Davy

davy wrote:
> All,
>
> any quality difference between HG50 and HG70 shimano cassettes for MTB
> application?
>
> There's a big difference in the price (~7 GBP).
>
> Price of HG70=price of HG50 + SRAM chain
>
> thanks for any help
>
> Davy

Finish. I believe some of the cogs on the more expensive one are
plated, not brownish. No performance issues. keep your chain clean,
lubed, change ot often with the least expensive compatible chain.

> Finish. I believe some of the cogs on the more expensive one are
> plated, not brownish. No performance issues. keep your chain clean,
> lubed, change ot often with the least expensive compatible chain.

TOUR had a Vickers index of the steel of both Campa and Shimano cassettes.
I'll check it out tonight. I'll be away cycling B4 it starts raining.

What I do know is that 105 cassettes had the same hardness of steel as
Ultegra.

Greetings, Derk

Ken wrote:

> Ultegra weighs a little less and comes in more sizes.

Yes, and the 105 cassette has small bolts through the whole cassette that
holds all cogs together, which means you can change 1 cog if you want to,
which is impossible with the Ultegra cassette,that has several cogs are
attached together and that can't be separated. This means you sometimes
have to change several cogs that may not even be worn.

Greetings, Derk

we offer supply and demand for interpretation- see chinese
platinum-copper-steel-cement use
the older cassettes are of harder steel, thicker
but not a sophisticated in design
yields-older cassettes last longer but shift slower
newer cassettes converse, in asian and indian dialects, probabbbly
spanish
same maybe for chains