Quality of DAVINCI Aluminum road frame at $450 Canadian

Peter

Guest
I am considering a Davinci Aluminum road frame. Sorry I don't recall the model I was looking at
right now. I do remember that it cost $450 Canadian. Is this a good quality frame to put Veloce
components on?

I know that frame angles have a lot to do with how harsh a bike feels. My old touring Cannondale
rides like a dream and seems to float over the rough paved patches that abound here in my neck of
the woods. I was thinking of a newer frame because the brake calipers (57mm) are set at their
maxinum reach and I would like to upgrade them as well. An experienced cyclist at another shop
wanted to know why I wanted an aluminum frame. He claimed that without carbon fiber rear stays
aluminum frames are considerably harsher than steel. Is this true? I'd like to try an aluminum road
frame before riding but don't have a credit card for a sequrity deposit and have not dealt with this
shop extensively. $450 is the maxinum I can afford for an Aluminum frame because I also need to buy
a new seat post and stem.

Thanks for the advice.

[email protected] (Peter) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I am considering a Davinci Aluminum road frame. Sorry I don't recall the model I was looking at
> right now. I do remember that it cost $450 Canadian. Is this a good quality frame to put Veloce
> components on?
>
> I know that frame angles have a lot to do with how harsh a bike feels. My old touring Cannondale
> rides like a dream and seems to float over the rough paved patches that abound here in my neck of
> the woods. I was thinking of a newer frame because the brake calipers (57mm) are set at their
> maxinum reach and I would like to upgrade them as well. An experienced cyclist at another shop
> wanted to know why I wanted an aluminum frame. He claimed that without carbon fiber rear stays
> aluminum frames are considerably harsher than steel. Is this true? I'd like to try an aluminum
> road frame before riding but don't have a credit card for a sequrity deposit and have not dealt
> with this shop extensively. $450 is the maxinum I can afford for an Aluminum frame because I also
> need to buy a new seat post and stem.
>
> Thanks for the advice.

If I replace my Cannondale front fork with a fork designed for 700c wheels (not a racing fork) do
you think this will noticeably affect the handling of the bike? Thanks again.

http://www.devinci.com/eng/home.htm

news:[email protected]...