Quality of Spectrum Ti after the ABG buyout of Merlin/Litespeed?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Alpine Rider, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. Alpine Rider

    Alpine Rider Guest

    I'm curious to know if anyone has purchased a custom Spectrum Ti from Tom Kellogg after the
    Merlin/Litespeed merger. How was the bike build quality? I've been very seriously considering
    getting one since Spectrum is only an hour drive away from me and it would be nice to have expert
    advice from Mr. Kellogg.

    I've heard a few horror stories regarding the post merger Merlins with alignment, weld, and BB
    mis-threaded problems. I haven't heard anything in regards to the Spectrums but from what I know
    they are built in the same shop as the custom Merlins with Tom Kellogg being the final inspector
    when he receives the frame.

    So how are the post-apocalypse Spectrums?

    Thanks

    Brian

    Tags:

  2. "Alpine Rider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > I'm curious to know if anyone has purchased a custom Spectrum Ti from Tom Kellogg after the
    > Merlin/Litespeed merger. How was the bike build
    quality?
    > I've been very seriously considering getting one since Spectrum is only
    an
    > hour drive away from me and it would be nice to have expert advice from
    Mr.
    > Kellogg.
    >
    > I've heard a few horror stories regarding the post merger Merlins with alignment, weld, and BB
    > mis-threaded problems. I haven't heard anything
    in
    > regards to the Spectrums but from what I know they are built in the same shop as the custom
    > Merlins with Tom Kellogg being the final inspector when he receives the frame.
    >
    > So how are the post-apocalypse Spectrums?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Brian

    Why don't you post your question on the Spectrum Owners forum? I'm sure their opinions are highly
    qualified. http://www.hydromedia.com/phorum/list.php?f=4