Quality of Spectrum Ti after the ABG buyout of Merlin/Litespeed?

Alpine Rider

Guest
I'm curious to know if anyone has purchased a custom Spectrum Ti from Tom Kellogg after the
Merlin/Litespeed merger. How was the bike build quality? I've been very seriously considering
getting one since Spectrum is only an hour drive away from me and it would be nice to have expert
advice from Mr. Kellogg.

I've heard a few horror stories regarding the post merger Merlins with alignment, weld, and BB
mis-threaded problems. I haven't heard anything in regards to the Spectrums but from what I know
they are built in the same shop as the custom Merlins with Tom Kellogg being the final inspector
when he receives the frame.

So how are the post-apocalypse Spectrums?

Thanks

Brian

"Alpine Rider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> I'm curious to know if anyone has purchased a custom Spectrum Ti from Tom Kellogg after the
> Merlin/Litespeed merger. How was the bike build
quality?
> I've been very seriously considering getting one since Spectrum is only
an
> hour drive away from me and it would be nice to have expert advice from
Mr.
> Kellogg.
>
> I've heard a few horror stories regarding the post merger Merlins with alignment, weld, and BB
> mis-threaded problems. I haven't heard anything
in
> regards to the Spectrums but from what I know they are built in the same shop as the custom
> Merlins with Tom Kellogg being the final inspector when he receives the frame.
>
> So how are the post-apocalypse Spectrums?
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian

Why don't you post your question on the Spectrum Owners forum? I'm sure their opinions are highly
qualified. http://www.hydromedia.com/phorum/list.php?f=4