Quantico

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jim Gravity, Feb 27, 2003.

  1. Jim Gravity

    Jim Gravity Guest

    So I noticed the Atlantic Mountain Bike Series was going to have a race at Quantico.

    Anyone else have fond memories of racing there? From what I remember, it was flat, twisty
    singletrack. The constant pedalling and sprinting out of turns caused pain unlike that of the pain
    of climbing hills.

    I Googled and found that people still ride there. I didn't see it on the trail review at
    mbtr.com though.

    I might have to go visit mom and dad in September. There might be an Enduro class, and from what I
    remember, a singlespeed would fly there.

    Tags:

  2. Rak

    Rak Guest

    Quantico has some of the finest riding in northern VA. The marine corp team is based there and
    they have added many miles of new trail. Quantico rides are fondly referred to as 90% uphill and
    10% downhill.

    "jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So I noticed the Atlantic Mountain Bike Series was going to have a race at Quantico.
    >
    > Anyone else have fond memories of racing there? From what I remember, it was flat, twisty
    > singletrack. The constant pedalling and sprinting out of turns caused pain unlike that of the pain
    > of climbing hills.
    >
    > I Googled and found that people still ride there. I didn't see it on the trail review at
    > mbtr.com though.
    >
    > I might have to go visit mom and dad in September. There might be an Enduro class, and from what I
    > remember, a singlespeed would fly there.

  3. Fred Hinkson

    Fred Hinkson Guest

    Your see lots of Marines and FBI and maybe a few federal prison guards. So stay on your bike.

    MTB Ride hard die free.