Quantico

Jim Gravity

Guest
So I noticed the Atlantic Mountain Bike Series was going to have a race at Quantico.

Anyone else have fond memories of racing there? From what I remember, it was flat, twisty
singletrack. The constant pedalling and sprinting out of turns caused pain unlike that of the pain
of climbing hills.

I Googled and found that people still ride there. I didn't see it on the trail review at
mbtr.com though.

I might have to go visit mom and dad in September. There might be an Enduro class, and from what I
remember, a singlespeed would fly there.

Quantico has some of the finest riding in northern VA. The marine corp team is based there and
they have added many miles of new trail. Quantico rides are fondly referred to as 90% uphill and
10% downhill.

"jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So I noticed the Atlantic Mountain Bike Series was going to have a race at Quantico.
>
> Anyone else have fond memories of racing there? From what I remember, it was flat, twisty
> singletrack. The constant pedalling and sprinting out of turns caused pain unlike that of the pain
> of climbing hills.
>
> I Googled and found that people still ride there. I didn't see it on the trail review at
> mbtr.com though.
>
> I might have to go visit mom and dad in September. There might be an Enduro class, and from what I
> remember, a singlespeed would fly there.

Your see lots of Marines and FBI and maybe a few federal prison guards. So stay on your bike.

MTB Ride hard die free.