Quasi-Moto: Why the bolt-on seat mast?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by x, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. x

    x Guest

    Seems like added expense.

    Why wouldn't Titus just incorporate it into the frame like on the SwitchBlade or most other bikes?

    It sort of piqued my interst because, just eyeballing it, it looks like the disassembled frame might
    fit into the magical 26 x 26 x 10" box that airlines accept as regular baggage.
    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

    Tags:

  2. (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
    > Seems like added expense.
    >
    > Why wouldn't Titus just incorporate it into the frame like on the SwitchBlade or most other bikes?
    >
    > It sort of piqued my interst because, just eyeballing it, it looks like the disassembled frame
    > might fit into the magical 26 x 26 x 10" box that airlines accept as regular baggage.
    > -----------------------
    > PeteCresswell

    Do they have more than one seat mast? Also, does it change between the two quasi moto models
    (quasi-lite)?

    Ask 'em about the size of a disassembled frame, that would be pretty sweet.

    Jon Bond

  3. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
    > Seems like added expense.
    >
    > Why wouldn't Titus just incorporate it into the frame like on the SwitchBlade or most other bikes?
    >
    > It sort of piqued my interst because, just eyeballing it, it looks like the disassembled frame
    > might fit into the magical 26 x 26 x 10" box that airlines accept as regular baggage.

    I don't know but that's a good reason to buy one if you travel alot. My list for a new bike is
    currently at (in this order):

    1) Azonic Saber (wish it came in a 20.5" and with a Romic shock)
    2) Quasi-Moto (may be overkill for my usage, I prefer non-interrupted seattubes, too)
    3) Turner 5-Spot (wish it came with bearings in the pivots and wish the X-L wasn't so xtra large)
    4) Ellsworth Id (may break under my weight, wish it came in a 20.5")
    5) Intense Uzzi SLX (wheelbase way too long, interrupted seattube)
    6) Ventana La Bruja (wheelbase way too long, wish it came in a 20.5")
    7) Cove G-Spot (don't want around the BB pivot)

    I also considered and dropped models by Jamis, Rocky Mountain, Giant, and Kona. Any other models
    similar to 1-7 that I should look at? I prefer designs similar to the Azonic, Turner, La Bruja, and
    Id. I'd buy that Azonic today if it came in a larger size.

    Greg