Quebec - Springtime rides

lischoux

Feb 26, 2004
Bonjour,

Just want to get a discussion started...:eek:

- What are good early season rides in the Quebec province?

Since it's my first spring in Canada (moved to Montreal in June 2003, originally from Luxembourg) I am curious.

I went out last weekend and did the Mt. Royal a couple of times before heading to the F1 circuit. Decent 3-hr ride. Admiring and dodging a brand new crop of potholes that have materialized over the winter.

Feel free to contribute.:cool:

Originally posted by lischoux
Bonjour,

Just want to get a discussion started...:eek:

- What are good early season rides in the Quebec province?

Since it's my first spring in Canada (moved to Montreal in June 2003, originally from Luxembourg) I am curious.

I went out last weekend and did the Mt. Royal a couple of times before heading to the F1 circuit. Decent 3-hr ride. Admiring and dodging a brand new crop of potholes that have materialized over the winter.

Feel free to contribute.:cool:

Salut! I've always loved riding along the Lachine Canal up into Lachine then on Lakeshore Road (lots of stops, tho) to Point-Claire village, heck somtimes I keep going and stop in St-Anne for a pint at Annies (a nice pit-stop, they have food, too! ) Enjoy!

Originally posted by randall0069
Salut! I've always loved riding along the Lachine Canal up into Lachine then on Lakeshore Road (lots of stops, tho) to Point-Claire village, heck somtimes I keep going and stop in St-Anne for a pint at Annies (a nice pit-stop, they have food, too! ) Enjoy!

Yeah I did the lakeshore this Sunday. From Downtown I took Sherbrooke, hopping over about a gazillion potholes, to Lasalle, went up to Dorval before heading back all the way to Verdun, then to the F1 track and back downtown. Did nearly 90 k's Sunday (after my first century on Saturday - not bad start to the season ey ?)

Saturday, up Mt Royal 4 times (Camillien-Houte)and then out to the F1 track...102 km :)

Bonjour,

you have to try outside of the island of Montreal.
Take the route to OKA, go across the park, digg into the mainland in direction of St-Augustin, St-Benoit.

Originally posted by Claude
Bonjour,

you have to try outside of the island of Montreal.
Take the route to OKA, go across the park, digg into the mainland in direction of St-Augustin, St-Benoit.

Thx Claude

Went to Rigaud Saturday and did the Mt Rigaud every which way... WOW... Up Bourget Street was a kick in the pants. I dunno what the percentage was but I believe it's around 20% or more. Wohooo.

I'll go to VT next... Someone told me about Mt Jay and I have to know... I have to try...

Keep on rolling!:D

I know of a couple of clubs you could check out
Randonee Aventure
and Beaconsfield.

Beaconsfield has a really good web site with free maps for all sorts of rides in and around Quebec/Vermont/Ontario
http://www.clubcycliste.com/english

I moved last year to Halifax and haven't had a lot of time to cycle out here.

I know what you mean about the road surfaces in Quebec. I can feel my hands tingle with the recollection. It's really bad.

Anyway, check out the web site and have fun.

Originally posted by chuck2344
I know of a couple of clubs you could check out
Randonee Aventure
and Beaconsfield.

Beaconsfield has a really good web site with free maps for all sorts of rides in and around Quebec/Vermont/Ontario
http://www.clubcycliste.com/english

I moved last year to Halifax and haven't had a lot of time to cycle out here.

I know what you mean about the road surfaces in Quebec. I can feel my hands tingle with the recollection. It's really bad.

Anyway, check out the web site and have fun.

THX Chuck... You're looking at a new member of the BCC :D

Actually I joined a couple of weeks ago and will do the new members clinic next Saturday.

Keep on riding !