Query for Dimitri

J.J.

Guest
I was going through my untried recipe file, and came across the
following from Dimitri:

Article ID: <[email protected]>

Papas con Pollo

4 cooked potatoes 1 Breast of very fine shredded chicken 2 spoonfuls of minced onion 2 spoonfuls of
minced parsley 2 spoonfuls of mayonnaise 2 spoonfuls of thick cream
1/8 teaspoon of salt
2/8 teaspoon of white pepper 6 sliced radishes 1 sliced pepper 1 sliced cucumber

Remove the pulp from each potato and mix with the chicken , the onion, the parsley, the mayonnaise,
the cream, you salt and pepper.

Stuffed the potatoes , and serve with radishes, peppers and cucumbers around.

Okay Dimitri, how much is a "spoonful"? I'm thinking about making this for dinner this Sunday.
Thanks in advance... :)

--
j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

"j.j." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was going through my untried recipe file, and came across the following from Dimitri:
>
> Article ID: <[email protected]>
>
> Papas con Pollo
>
> 4 cooked potatoes 1 Breast of very fine shredded chicken 2 spoonfuls of minced onion 2 spoonfuls
> of minced parsley 2 spoonfuls of mayonnaise 2 spoonfuls of thick cream
> 1/8 teaspoon of salt
> 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper 6 sliced radishes 1 sliced pepper 1 sliced cucumber
>
> Remove the pulp from each potato and mix with the chicken , the onion, the parsley, the
> mayonnaise, the cream, you salt and pepper.
>
> Stuffed the potatoes , and serve with radishes, peppers and cucumbers around.
>
> Okay Dimitri, how much is a "spoonful"? I'm thinking about making this for dinner this Sunday.
> Thanks in advance... :)
>

> --
> j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

Boy you had me there for a moment here is the original post.

"cooksalot" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> When we did our block party a Mexican neighbor made this dish that was to die for. I tell you she
> does things with potatoes that are incredible.
For
> me they are bland for her they are delicious. She boiled and mashed some potatoes and added cooked
> shredded chicken salt pepper and some mayonnaise not miracle whip to get the right texture. You
> then take the mixture and spread it on a tostada shell sprinkle with hot sauce and eat. Oh my they
> were sooooo good. Anyone else ever hear of this?

The easy way is of course to ask you neighbor for the recipe.

You can also go an advanced Google search in Spanish for "Papas con Pollo" you'll get about
16,000 hits.

At any rate I have not tried this recipe either but considering the use of 4 potatoes and a 50/50
ratio of heavy cream and mayo - I would think these would be tablespoons. All you are looking for is
a spreadable consistency.

Dimitri

Hark! I heard "Dimiri" <[email protected]> say:

<big snip>

> At any rate I have not tried this recipe either but considering the use of 4 potatoes and a 50/50
> ratio of heavy cream and mayo - I would think these would be tablespoons. All you are looking for
> is a spreadable consistency.

Even if you haven't tried it, I trust your guesses far better than my own. After all, I've tried a
couple of your posted recipes and been very pleased with the results. So thanks, hon, I'll give it a
try... :)

--
j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!