Question about blood sugar

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by M Nesbitt, Mar 19, 2004.

  1. M Nesbitt

    M Nesbitt Guest

    Let me preface this by saying that I don't need any
    assistnace in searching out the validity of claims or
    statements made in response to my question. I honestly want
    to see the kinds of answers I get to a simple question. I'm
    a well informed lay-person, and a skeptic by nature, and I'd
    like to see who rises to the challenge and what they bring
    to the table without any sniping. Please? Or at least start
    another thread if you must, but let's see what happens in
    this petri dish...

    I'm looking for theories, devices or substances that can
    lower blood sugar. That's it. I have no interest in starting
    a fight. I want to see what, if anything, has merit.

    Thanks.

    Mnesbitt

    "If you don't count the knife wounds, it's been a pretty
    good day, thanks."

    Tags:

  2. Anth

    Anth Guest

    Hi You might want to try sci.life-extension - those guys
    might be know a lot about blood sugars? I've read that that
    grapefruit has an effect on blood sugar - you might want to
    look there. Anth

    (If you are diabetic?)

    "m nesbitt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Let me preface this by saying that I don't need any
    > assistnace in searching out the validity of claims or
    > statements made in response to my question. I honestly
    > want to see the kinds of answers I get to a simple
    > question. I'm a well informed lay-person, and a skeptic by
    > nature, and I'd like to see who rises to the challenge and
    > what they bring to the table without any sniping. Please?
    > Or at least start another thread if you must, but let's
    > see what happens in this petri dish...
    >
    > I'm looking for theories, devices or substances that
    > can lower blood sugar. That's it. I have no interest
    > in starting a fight. I want to see what, if anything,
    > has merit.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Mnesbitt
    >
    > "If you don't count the knife wounds, it's been a pretty
    > good day, thanks."

  3. Roger Martin

    Roger Martin Guest

    > I'm looking for theories, devices or substances that
    > can lower blood sugar. That's it. I have no interest
    > in starting a fight. I want to see what, if anything,
    > has merit.

    Exercise will do a lot to control blood sugar. Its also
    the cheapest.

  4. Kim

    Kim Guest

    "m nesbitt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for theories, devices or substances that
    > can lower blood sugar. That's it. I have no interest
    > in starting a fight. I want to see what, if anything,
    > has merit.
    ======================
    The low-carb/sugar diets seem to be effective in that area.
    Try looking into them.
    --
    Kim CREATING GOD.... Wise men stare at the unknown, and
    boldly looks for answers ! Others... fall on their hands and

  5. Rich.

    Rich. Guest

    On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:09:56 +1000, "Roger Martin"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> I'm looking for theories, devices or substances that
    >> can lower blood sugar. That's it. I have no interest
    >> in starting a fight. I want to see what, if anything,
    >> has merit.
    >>
    >Exercise will do a lot to control blood sugar. Its also the
    >cheapest.

    Yes, and if you are overweight, reducing body fat may be
    very helpful. And this is even less expensive than exercise
    since you save money by not eating as much.

    There is anecdotal evidence that cinnamon may help to reduce
    blood sugar. Some postulate that it may increase the body's
    sensitivity to insulin thus lowering the blood sugar. YMMV.

    Aloha,

    Rich

    The best defense to logic is ignorance

  6. "m nesbitt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Let me preface this by saying that I don't need any
    > assistnace in searching out the validity of claims or
    > statements made in response to my question. I honestly
    > want to see the kinds of answers I get to a simple
    > question. I'm a well informed lay-person, and a skeptic by
    > nature, and I'd like to see who rises to the challenge and
    > what they bring to the table without any sniping. Please?
    > Or at least start another thread if you must, but let's
    > see what happens in this petri dish...
    >
    > I'm looking for theories, devices or substances that
    > can lower blood sugar. That's it. I have no interest
    > in starting a fight. I want to see what, if anything,
    > has merit.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Mnesbitt
    >
    > "If you don't count the knife wounds, it's been a pretty
    > good day, thanks."

    For type II diabetes:

    A. Lose weight.
    B. Exercise regularly.
    C. Learn about "glycemic index" and eat accordingly.
    D. Get a meter to test your capillary blood sugar and use
    it regularly. If A+B+C are not adequately controlling
    your blood sugar, take oral diabetes medications as
    prescribed by your doctor.
    E. Don't ignore diabetes or screw around with
    "alternative" treatment. You may end up blind, with no
    feet, on dialysis.

    --Rich

  7. Wild Bill

    Wild Bill Guest

    Run to the nearest book store and purchase the book "The Low
    Blood Sugar Handbook" by Edward and Patricia Krimmel. The
    author is a lay person who suffered from low blood sugar for
    years and never could get it diagnosed. Lots of doctors
    tried but nothing worked. He stumbled on a book in a health
    food store and it started him on the road to recovery.

    I suffered from low blood sugar Hypoglycemia and the
    doctor just said "Eat mor protein." nothing else. The book
    goes in minute detail of what is good for you to eat when
    to eat, etc. etc.

    And it discusses exercise, rest, relaxation and Fun.

    Great book. Helped me to recover and now I am complete over
    my bout with low blood sugar.

    Hope this helps.

    Let me know what you think when you've read the book. It
    will be the best investment you have ever made.

    Bill

    On 19 Mar 2004 12:44:59 -0800, [email protected] (m
    nesbitt) wrote:

    >Let me preface this by saying that I don't need any
    >assistnace in searching out the validity of claims or
    >statements made in response to my question. I honestly want
    >to see the kinds of answers I get to a simple question. I'm
    >a well informed lay-person, and a skeptic by nature, and
    >I'd like to see who rises to the challenge and what they
    >bring to the table without any sniping. Please? Or at least
    >start another thread if you must, but let's see what
    >happens in this petri dish...
    >
    >I'm looking for theories, devices or substances that
    >can lower blood sugar. That's it. I have no interest
    >in starting a fight. I want to see what, if anything,
    >has merit.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Mnesbitt
    >
    >"If you don't count the knife wounds, it's been a pretty
    >good day, thanks."

    Wild Bill, Marietta, Ga. (^_-) "Laughter is the best
    medicine" "Practice Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless
    Beauty" "The best things in life . . . . aren't things!" (¯
    ·.¸¸.-> ® WHAT?? ® <-.¸¸.·´¯)

  8. Kim

    Kim Guest

    "Wild Bill" <poston8*NOSPAM*@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Great book. Helped me to recover and now I am complete
    > over my bout with low blood sugar.
    =========================
    What was the cause of your low blood sugar? What helped?
    --
    Kim "People are more violently opposed to fur than leather,
    because it is easier to harrass rich women than it is

  9. Wild Bill

    Wild Bill Guest

    Hi Kim,

    I don't really know what caused it. It just happened. I was
    having some problems with an OTC product Lamisil topical
    treatment for jock itch. Lamisil caused me lots of problems.
    The FDA has issued warnings about Lamisil but only when
    taken orally. The Lamisil caused a hugh range of problems
    like itching skin, sensitive eyes, hypersensitivity to
    odors, etc. etc. About three months after stopping using the
    Lamisil the weird symptoms stopped then the Hypoglycemia
    started. I don't know if there was a connection.

    What helped was changing what, when and how much I ate. It
    is all explained in the book. Low blood sugar problems are
    not caused by the amount of blood sugar. It is the rapid
    rise and/or fall of sugar in your blood that causes the
    problems again explained in the book.

    The book only cost $12.95 and is well worth the money if you
    or anyone you know suffers from low blood sugar.

    I have no connection with the author or the book.

    If you'd like to call me to discuss this please do.

    770-973-4590

    Take care.

    Bill

    On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:58:31 -0600, "Kim"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Wild Bill" <poston8*NOSPAM*@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Great book. Helped me to recover and now I am complete
    >> over my bout with low blood sugar.
    >=========================
    >What was the cause of your low blood sugar? What helped?

    Wild Bill, Marietta, Ga. (^_-) "Laughter is the best
    medicine" "Practice Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless
    Beauty" "The best things in life . . . . aren't things!" (¯
    ·.¸¸.-> ® WHAT?? ® <-.¸¸.·´¯)

  10. Kim

    Kim Guest

    "Wild Bill" <poston8*NOSPAM*@comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Kim,

    > I don't really know what caused it. It just happened. I
    > was having some problems with an OTC product Lamisil
    > topical treatment for jock itch. Lamisil caused me lots of
    > problems. The FDA has issued warnings about Lamisil but
    > only when taken orally. The Lamisil caused a hugh range of
    > problems like itching skin, sensitive eyes,
    > hypersensitivity to odors, etc. etc. About three months
    > after stopping using the Lamisil the weird symptoms
    > stopped then the Hypoglycemia started. I don't know if
    > there was a connection.

    Sorry about all those symptoms. Allow me to suggest two
    things you many want to try next time. These are just
    SUGGESTIONS because I myself never had the problem
    obviously. One man I knew cured his JI using watered down
    common household bleach after his daily shower! He also
    slept in the nude and started to bleach his underwear. Two
    others used the old standby of Iodine mixed with some kind
    of oil - mineral or baby oil. This also gets rid of athletes
    feet and ringworm. I know it works for ringworm and AF
    because I've used it myself for both conditions.

    > What helped was changing what, when and how much I ate. It
    > is all explained in the book. Low blood sugar problems are
    > not caused by the amount of blood sugar. It is the rapid
    > rise and/or fall of sugar in your blood that causes the
    > problems again explained in the book.

    I had the problem for about a year after my son was born in
    the 1960s but it went away on it's own. I also suffered from
    toxemia the last week before he was born.

    > The book only cost $12.95 and is well worth the money if
    > you or anyone you know suffers from low blood sugar. I
    > have no connection with the author or the book. If you'd
    > like to call me to discuss this please do. 770-973-4590

    Thanks for your kind offer.