Question about clipping out

Bob Ross said:
It became apparent that the "skill" (sic) of how and where to clip out may need to be taught when a woman who showed up for one ride last season would clip out both legs simultaneously, then wait for the bike to roll to a complete stop and fall to whichever side gravity chose at that moment!
Those of us who progressed to clipless from toeclips through toeclips with cleats have difficulty appreciating how unnatural it is for most people to have their feet attached to pedals.

oldbobcat said:
Those of us who progressed to clipless from toeclips through toeclips with cleats have difficulty appreciating how unnatural it is for most people to have their feet attached to pedals.
Toeclips with cleats.....YIKES:eek: . One bad memory of lying on the pavement, trying to loosen straps with mangled fingers and 80% road rash. Toeclips with cleats? NO THANK YOU!

kdelong said:
Toeclips with cleats.....YIKES:eek: . One bad memory of lying on the pavement, trying to loosen straps with mangled fingers and 80% road rash. Toeclips with cleats? NO THANK YOU!
With toeclips and cleats there are two ways to go down. "Tipping over" is simply running out of road and forward momentum before pulling a foot out, or after pulling the wrong foot out--more embarrassing than painful. The full-bore crash happened at high speed and usually involved back, shoulders, elbows, thighs, and hips.

I can remember lying on the ground ass-over-teakettle. "Can I help you?" the rescuer asked.

"Yeah. Loosen my toe straps so I can crawl out of this."