question about DOMS

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by combfilter, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. combfilter

    combfilter Guest

    I don't understand why i get doms and the people I work out with don't.
    They are usually sore the immediate next day. Where, I am not sore till
    almost 2 days later. This affects me in the sense that i work out mon,
    wed, fri (push/pull). If I do back on mon, and don't get sore till wed,
    or thurs, this means sometimes on friday I am still sore.

    I am getting plenty of sleep, take multivitamins, and eat well. I also
    drink a lot of water. I am guessing it's just genetics? I searched the
    archives about this, but found nothing.

    tia
    -comb

    Tags:

  2. John

    John Guest

    "combfilter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I don't understand why i get doms and the people I work out with don't.
    > They are usually sore the immediate next day. Where, I am not sore till
    > almost 2 days later. This affects me in the sense that i work out mon,
    > wed, fri (push/pull). If I do back on mon, and don't get sore till wed,
    > or thurs, this means sometimes on friday I am still sore.
    >
    > I am getting plenty of sleep, take multivitamins, and eat well. I also
    > drink a lot of water. I am guessing it's just genetics? I searched the
    > archives about this, but found nothing.

    It's just you. Butch up, and keep lifting.

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > "combfilter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I don't understand why i get doms and the people I work out with don't.
    > > They are usually sore the immediate next day. Where, I am not sore till
    > > almost 2 days later. This affects me in the sense that i work out mon,
    > > wed, fri (push/pull). If I do back on mon, and don't get sore till wed,
    > > or thurs, this means sometimes on friday I am still sore.
    > >
    > > I am getting plenty of sleep, take multivitamins, and eat well. I also
    > > drink a lot of water. I am guessing it's just genetics? I searched the
    > > archives about this, but found nothing.

    > It's just you. Butch up, and keep lifting.

    I prefer Subs.
    --

    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

  4. Alain

    Alain Guest

    On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:19:46 -0600, combfilter <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I don't understand why i get doms and the people I work out with don't.
    >They are usually sore the immediate next day. Where, I am not sore till
    >almost 2 days later.

    Because you are a pussy who doesn't WO hard enough.

    "You know what John Wayne would be doing right now if he was alive?

    Scratching at the roof of his coffin, most likely."

  5. Hugh Beyer

    Hugh Beyer Guest

    combfilter <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I don't understand why i get doms and the people I work out with don't.
    > They are usually sore the immediate next day. Where, I am not sore till
    > almost 2 days later. This affects me in the sense that i work out mon,
    > wed, fri (push/pull). If I do back on mon, and don't get sore till wed,
    > or thurs, this means sometimes on friday I am still sore.
    >
    > I am getting plenty of sleep, take multivitamins, and eat well. I also
    > drink a lot of water. I am guessing it's just genetics? I searched the
    > archives about this, but found nothing.
    >
    > tia
    > -comb

    DOMS is voodoo. Don't try to understand it.

    That said, for a lot of people DOMS means you're not working a regular
    program--either there's a big time lag between workouts of the same muscles
    or you're doing very different things from day to day.

    But there's no reason not to work out anyway, sore or no, so who cares?

    Hugh

    --
    Exercise is a dirty word. Whenever I hear it, I wash my mouth out with
    chocolate. ("Ladi")

  6. combfilter

    combfilter Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:19:46 -0600, combfilter <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I don't understand why i get doms and the people I work out with don't.
    > >They are usually sore the immediate next day. Where, I am not sore till
    > >almost 2 days later.

    > Because you are a pussy who doesn't WO hard enough.
    >

    > "You know what John Wayne would be doing right now if he was alive?
    >
    > Scratching at the roof of his coffin, most likely."

    HA!! that must be it. I see that mfw is still full of trolls and
    flamers. i guess i understand though. you have people asking the same
    question day in and day out about "how do i get bigger" "how do i lose
    weight".. at least I can say that I did check deja news uh i mean
    google archives for my answer before posting it here.

    I guess i am sore because i am a pussy. Cool i will now move on.
    -comb

  7. On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:24:30 -0600, combfilter <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I guess i am sore because i am a pussy. Cool i will now move on.
    >-comb

    Good for you! Most of them here are still in denial, but at least you
    took it like a man.

  8. Hugh Beyer wrote:
    > combfilter <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > I don't understand why i get doms and the people I work out with don't.
    > > They are usually sore the immediate next day. Where, I am not sore till
    > > almost 2 days later. This affects me in the sense that i work out mon,
    > > wed, fri (push/pull). If I do back on mon, and don't get sore till wed,
    > > or thurs, this means sometimes on friday I am still sore.
    > >
    > > I am getting plenty of sleep, take multivitamins, and eat well. I also
    > > drink a lot of water. I am guessing it's just genetics? I searched the
    > > archives about this, but found nothing.
    > >
    > > tia
    > > -comb
    > >

    > DOMS is voodoo. Don't try to understand it.
    >
    > That said, for a lot of people DOMS means you're not working a regular
    > program--either there's a big time lag between workouts of the same muscles
    > or you're doing very different things from day to day.
    >
    > But there's no reason not to work out anyway, sore or no, so who cares?
    >
    > Hugh
    >

    > --
    > Exercise is a dirty word. Whenever I hear it, I wash my mouth out with
    > chocolate. ("Ladi")

    Of course having DOMS all the time will give you an idea of what it is
    like to be 75 years old.
    Getting out of a chair and you will be stiff and sore. Reaching for
    things and you will be stiff and sore. But you will have the approval
    of the manly posters in this group and that is what counts.

  9. Hugh Beyer

    Hugh Beyer Guest

    [email protected] wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Hugh Beyer wrote:
    >> combfilter <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> > I don't understand why i get doms and the people I work out with
    >> > don't. They are usually sore the immediate next day. Where, I am not
    >> > sore till almost 2 days later. This affects me in the sense that i
    >> > work out mon, wed, fri (push/pull). If I do back on mon, and don't
    >> > get sore till wed, or thurs, this means sometimes on friday I am
    >> > still sore.
    >> >
    >> > I am getting plenty of sleep, take multivitamins, and eat well. I
    >> > also drink a lot of water. I am guessing it's just genetics? I
    >> > searched the archives about this, but found nothing.
    >> >
    >> > tia
    >> > -comb
    >> >

    >> DOMS is voodoo. Don't try to understand it.
    >>
    >> That said, for a lot of people DOMS means you're not working a regular
    >> program--either there's a big time lag between workouts of the same
    >> muscles or you're doing very different things from day to day.
    >>
    >> But there's no reason not to work out anyway, sore or no, so who cares?
    >>

    > Of course having DOMS all the time will give you an idea of what it is
    > like to be 75 years old.
    > Getting out of a chair and you will be stiff and sore. Reaching for
    > things and you will be stiff and sore. But you will have the approval
    > of the manly posters in this group and that is what counts.

    Kiss my manly butt.

    When did the pussies take over this group, anyway?

    Hugh

    --
    Exercise is a dirty word. Whenever I hear it, I wash my mouth out with
    chocolate. ("Ladi")

  10. JMW

    JMW Guest

    Hugh Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >>
    >> Of course having DOMS all the time will give you an idea of what it is
    >> like to be 75 years old.
    >> Getting out of a chair and you will be stiff and sore. Reaching for
    >> things and you will be stiff and sore. But you will have the approval
    >> of the manly posters in this group and that is what counts.

    >Kiss my manly butt.
    >
    >When did the pussies take over this group, anyway?

    http://www.rustyiron.net/trollist.htm

    Any questions?

  11. JRH

    JRH Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 19:48:50 -0500, JMW <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hugh Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>[email protected] wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Of course having DOMS all the time will give you an idea of what it is
    >>> like to be 75 years old.
    >>> Getting out of a chair and you will be stiff and sore. Reaching for
    >>> things and you will be stiff and sore. But you will have the approval
    >>> of the manly posters in this group and that is what counts.

    >>Kiss my manly butt.
    >>
    >>When did the pussies take over this group, anyway?

    >http://www.rustyiron.net/trollist.htm
    >
    >Any questions?

    I have been called many things in my time, but never have I been
    described as a "pussie"!

    Mistah Williams Sirrah, Ah do believe you have impugned mah honour and
    mah integrity. Accordingly Sirrah, I demand satisfaction and mah
    second will call upon your nominated supporter, if you would do me the
    honour Sirrah, of providing the necessary details.

    I believe Sirrah, that the choice of weapons is yours.

    For a more realistic list of the so-called "pussies" at MFW please
    refer the following URL, with particular attention to the 3rd
    recidivist down.

    http://www.fitnwell.net/mfw_troll_filter_faq.htm

    J R HUDSON
    Commander, Royal Navy

  12. David

    David Guest

    "JRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 19:48:50 -0500, JMW <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Hugh Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>Kiss my manly butt.
    >>>
    >>>When did the pussies take over this group, anyway?

    >>http://www.rustyiron.net/trollist.htm
    >>
    >>Any questions?

    > I have been called many things in my time, but never have I been
    > described as a "pussie"!
    >
    > Mistah Williams Sirrah, Ah do believe you have impugned mah honour and
    > mah integrity. Accordingly Sirrah, I demand satisfaction and mah
    > second will call upon your nominated supporter, if you would do me the
    > honour Sirrah, of providing the necessary details.
    >
    > I believe Sirrah, that the choice of weapons is yours.
    >
    > For a more realistic list of the so-called "pussies" at MFW please
    > refer the following URL, with particular attention to the 3rd
    > recidivist down.
    >
    > http://www.fitnwell.net/mfw_troll_filter_faq.htm
    >
    > J R HUDSON
    > Commander, Royal Navy

    I do believe, Sirrah them's pretty good credentials!