Ok I went ahead and chopped my fork. Now I have about a 5" drop to my handlebars. Oops let me state that I am 6'2" and have a CAAD7 60cm frame with 120 stem. Now I plan on racing so comfort is second I guess but this is the strange part. I went out for a 40 mile ride today and arms back and neck are fine. But my [censored] well not really my [censored] but you know the area hurt 🙁 . Saddle? Ok maybe I can play with it but I think its ok and heres why... I was out doing a edurance ride but since I suck balls right now my threshold is at 250watts so my edurance wattage is at about 140-190. Now EVERY training article I read says you should do edurance rides at about 95-105 candence. Well that little wattage with that high of cadence puts more pressure on the seat. When I lower cadence or up wattage I feel fine well much better at least. Im think this is because I am putting more pressure on the pedals. Oh yeah I didnt experience numbess on the ride or a nerve compression type pain but more like a chaffing skin discomfort in the "area". Any clues? One more question when I go down in the drops and elbows 90 degrees where does one put their balls? I not joking about that either. 🙁
Thanks for reading Alex