Question about Huffy bikes

Sorni wrote:
> Bill Baka wrote:
>
>>Rich wrote:

>>>I can't find it either. And I use a computers so I can make contact
>>>with great bike guru's like you, ********'n Bill. So please help me
>>>find the information.
>>>
>>>I await your guidance.
>>>
>>>Rich

>>Again, here is the URL
>>http://www.cateye.com/en/products/viewProduct.php?modelId=19&catId=7&subCatId=2
>>Bill

> I just searched for "Direct electric to light conversion" and came up empty.
> Where did you get THAT, BSB?!?

I can't explain semiconductor physics in this group, but the electricity
makes the electrons jump from one state to another, thus generating
light directly, although there is a minimal heat loss, but nothing like
an incandescent.
Bill

Bill Baka wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> Colorado Bicycler wrote:

>>> http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/olderlights/product_89080.shtml

>> A) That's not "their website" that BS-in' Bill referenced.
>>
>> B) Still don't see the "direct electric to light conversion (with)
>> no heat wasted" claim. Not saying it's wrong or doesn't exist; just
>> ain't seen it. Pardon me if I'm skeptical about almost everything
>> /Bullshittin'
>> Bill Baka/ (copywritable?!?) writes. (Although getting his
>> "speedometer" "calibrated" to "within 1/1000s of a mile" MUST be
>> true! LOL) Bill "woke up cynical" S.
>>

> Let me clarify.
> A properly designed LED is about the most efficient light source known
> since it depends on the quantum jumps of electrons from one state to
> another when excited by electricity. Hence, each combination of
> elements to form a particular LED emit a wavelength, visible or not,
> according to the characteristics of the elements involved in their
> fabrication. Since I am not here to educate you on semiconductor physics
> you will
> just have to look it up for yourselves if you can understand all that.
>
> My speedometer has five digits and at first showed 0.0000 miles. The
> calibration factor by default is set for a 700 tire with a number like
> 2235. For a 26 x 2.25 tire the number is more like 21xx so the best
> calibration possible is one part in 2200. The mileage was incrementing
> about 0.004 mile for every 3 rotations of the wheel, which fits in
> with the distance of one revolution.
>
> BTW, the LED Cateye has a life per charge of about 130 hours and the
> Halogens only about 4 hours if I remember the charts correctly. I use
> 2500maH NiMH rechargeable batteries and do carry spares, as if I need
> to.
> Bill, not bullshitting here, but you can find your own information
> with a simple Google just as easily as me.

I give up. You claimed something and said it was supported by a website. I
and at least two others asked you to show us, since we couldn't find it.
The veracity of the claim is irrelevant; it's the reference to a supporting
website that's in doubt.

Good night now.

BS

Bill Baka wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> Bill Baka wrote:

>>> Again, here is the URL
>>> http://www.cateye.com/en/products/viewProduct.php?modelId=19&catId=7&subCatId=2
>>> Bill

>> I just searched for "Direct electric to light conversion" and came
>> up empty. Where did you get THAT, BSB?!?

> I can't explain semiconductor physics in this group, but the
> electricity makes the electrons jump from one state to another, thus
> generating light directly, although there is a minimal heat loss, but
> nothing like an incandescent.

BUT YOU SAID THE WEBSITE WOULD BACK UP YOUR CLAIM. IT DOESN'T. CLEAR
ENOUGH?!?

Sorni wrote:
> Bill Baka wrote:
>
>>Sorni wrote:

>>>I just searched for "Direct electric to light conversion" and came
>>>up empty. Where did you get THAT, BSB?!?

>>I can't explain semiconductor physics in this group, but the
>>electricity makes the electrons jump from one state to another, thus
>>generating light directly, although there is a minimal heat loss, but
>>nothing like an incandescent.

> BUT YOU SAID THE WEBSITE WOULD BACK UP YOUR CLAIM. IT DOESN'T. CLEAR
> ENOUGH?!?

Go to a semiconductor web site and look at the application notes and
research being done. I didn't imply that Cateye was using the latest
state of the art LEDs. Whites have been around for over five years and
are being improved all the time. Don't expect me to post or even point
to the LED data sheets here since it would be way out of line with the
understanding of most of the group. There are bright people on here,
maybe you are the exception, and I don't feel like teaching electronics
or quantum theory.
Bill

Bill Baka wrote:
(Too lazy to snip much; BB is just too prolific...)

> Sorni wrote:
>> Bill Baka wrote:

>>> I can't explain semiconductor physics in this group, but the
>>> electricity makes the electrons jump from one state to another, thus
>>> generating light directly, although there is a minimal heat loss,
>>> but nothing like an incandescent.

>> BUT YOU SAID THE WEBSITE WOULD BACK UP YOUR CLAIM. IT DOESN'T. CLEAR
>> ENOUGH?!?

> Go to a semiconductor web site

BZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

Bill, for the 202nd time, YOU WROTE: "The Cateye 5 LED is much more
efficient since the is a direct electric to light conversion and no heat
wasted. ***Go to their web site*** and you will see the difference."
{EmphASSis added.}

You were bull-shitting. Again. There is nothing (apparently) on their
website about this. YOU MADE IT UP.

> and look at the application notes and
> research being done. I didn't imply that Cateye was using the latest
> state of the art LEDs. Whites have been around for over five years and
> are being improved all the time. Don't expect me to post or even point
> to the LED data sheets here since it would be way out of line with the
> understanding of most of the group. There are bright people on here,
> maybe you are the exception, and I don't feel like teaching
> electronics or quantum theory.

Stop making **** up, Bullshitter. TYVM.

BS (the original)

Sorni wrote:
> Bill Baka wrote:
> (Too lazy to snip much; BB is just too prolific...)
>

>>Sorni wrote:

>>>BUT YOU SAID THE WEBSITE WOULD BACK UP YOUR CLAIM. IT DOESN'T. CLEAR
>>>ENOUGH?!?

>>Go to a semiconductor web site

> BZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
>
> Bill, for the 202nd time, YOU WROTE: "The Cateye 5 LED is much more
> efficient since the is a direct electric to light conversion and no heat
> wasted. ***Go to their web site*** and you will see the difference."
> {EmphASSis added.}
>
> You were bull-shitting. Again. There is nothing (apparently) on their
> website about this. YOU MADE IT UP.
>

>>and look at the application notes and
>>research being done. I didn't imply that Cateye was using the latest
>>state of the art LEDs. Whites have been around for over five years and
>>are being improved all the time. Don't expect me to post or even point
>>to the LED data sheets here since it would be way out of line with the
>>understanding of most of the group. There are bright people on here,
>>maybe you are the exception, and I don't feel like teaching
>>electronics or quantum theory.

> Stop making **** up, Bullshitter. TYVM.
>
> BS (the original)

Christ,
Here is the site for ONE manufacturer.
http://www.aopinc.net/cgi-bin/v04/dbv04/display.cgi?search=1&Color_Type=New White
They aren't chasing better LEDs for fun. These guys are out to make money.
Bill

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:26:22 GMT, Sorni wrote:

> Me: "I made that up, you know. But I don't hyphenate it."

Cateye: "But if he has any of those magic LEDs, ask him to send us some."

Bill Baka wrote:

> Christ,...

Does He read rec.bicycles.misc?
--
Tom Sherman

Wow, how did this ever go from Huffy's to LED's???

Talk about a hijack of a thread!! Oh well, it's been fun watching
everyone jump over Bill.

Catch y'all later :)

AmericanFlyer64 wrote:
> Wow, how did this ever go from Huffy's to LED's???
>
> Talk about a hijack of a thread!! Oh well, it's been fun watching
> everyone jump over Bill.
>
> Catch y'all later :)

Blame Sorni.
He jumps anything and everything I even start to mention.
Anyway, I think Huffy bikes are a lost cause of conversation around
here. All I started to say was that at about 5,000 miles I got my $85
worth of riding out of it. The bottom bracket was the only thing that I
actually HAD to replace after walking home with the cranks dangling
uselessly.
That really was all I had started out to comment on, but anyone who has
any experience with this group knows how things go off on wild tangents.
Bill