Question about Lance HR

Dave Haney

Guest
Does anyone know why Lance TT's at such high cadence? I mean, surely there is a happy medium. I
counted close to 130 during parts of the Prologue. SOoo much higher than everyone else. Now I
realize he is flushing lactic acid but c'mon! I was told today that the real reason is that his
heart rate is lower at that cadence than it would be at 100. Now, I guarantee that if I go out and
spin at 130 and sit on 29 MPH for 10 minutes (I can't do 35.7) then try the same at 100, my heart
will be lower at 100 cadence. Will someone please enlighten me? Please send me an email as I won't
have access to newsgroups for next 2 weeks. Thanks! (email is: [email protected])

I highly doubt his HR got lower with increasing cadence...Perhaps Lance is compensating for less
force production in his legs? As for flushing out lactate (its might be the opposite), that's also
doubtful, even Carmichael knows that, now.

I think that Lance is a phenom and very few others could utilize such a high cadence effectively.
However, his ultra high cadence may be the root of his hip/tendon pain, rather than using "new"
pedals he had ridden on for 8 months.

CH

news:<[email protected]>...