question about lima beans

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Feb 18, 2006.

  1. I found a can of lima beans. I think its about ten years old because it
    says 1996 all over it. Thought it might be okay to heat up and eat with
    my catfish. Heated up and decided to taste one to see if they still
    taste okay. Except I don't remember what lima beans are supposed to
    taste like. Can anyone here please tell me?

    Tags:

  2. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I found a can of lima beans. I think its about ten years old because it
    > says 1996 all over it. Thought it might be okay to heat up and eat with
    > my catfish. Heated up and decided to taste one to see if they still
    > taste okay. Except I don't remember what lima beans are supposed to
    > taste like. Can anyone here please tell me?

    In my opinion, lima beans taste icky, so I guess if they taste icky they are
    fine. Actually, I would not trust a 10 year old can of anything. Even
    though canning is supposed to be a preservation method, I just would not
    trust a 10 year old can of any kind of food.

    Brian Christiansen

  3. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On 18 Feb 2006 20:23:29 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
    >Except I don't remember what lima beans are supposed to
    >taste like. Can anyone here please tell me?

    They taste like lima beans.

    Can you describe for us what steak tastes like?

    -sw

  4. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > I found a can of lima beans. I think its about ten years old because it
    > says 1996 all over it. Thought it might be okay to heat up and eat with
    > my catfish. Heated up and decided to taste one to see if they still
    > taste okay. Except I don't remember what lima beans are supposed to
    > taste like. Can anyone here please tell me?

    The flavor of overcooked Brussels sprouts,
    but with a texture like delicate little pieces
    of beets.