Question about Lumotec IQ Fly standlight function

Hello,

I have a question about standlight function of Lumotec IQ Fly:
is the light still on after I turn the lamp off? I mean, assuming that
I first rode a bit with the lamp turned on (so that the standlight
function gets charged) and then stopped and switched the lamp "off" -
is the lamp still will be shining (even though switched off), until
the standlight function is discharged?

Also similar question about a rearlights with standlight function
(e.g. one of Toplight family lamp). I understand there is no on/off
switch for rearlights, so I assume the light must be shining untill it
is discharged?

[email protected] laid this down on his screen :
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about standlight function of Lumotec IQ Fly:
> is the light still on after I turn the lamp off? I mean, assuming that
> I first rode a bit with the lamp turned on (so that the standlight
> function gets charged) and then stopped and switched the lamp "off" -
> is the lamp still will be shining (even though switched off), until
> the standlight function is discharged?
>
> Also similar question about a rearlights with standlight function
> (e.g. one of Toplight family lamp). I understand there is no on/off
> switch for rearlights, so I assume the light must be shining untill it
> is discharged?

Yes,

yes

Martin

On May 22, 9:10 pm, Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] laid this down on his screen :
>
> > Hello,

> > I have a question about standlight function of Lumotec IQ Fly:
> > is the light still on after I turn the lamp off? I mean, assuming that
> > I first rode a bit with the lamp turned on (so that the standlight
> > function gets charged) and then stopped and switched the lamp "off" -
> > is the lamp still will be shining (even though switched off), until
> > the standlight function is discharged?

> > Also similar question about a rearlights with standlight function
> > (e.g. one of Toplight family lamp). I understand there is no on/off
> > switch for rearlights, so I assume the light must be shining untill it
> > is discharged?

> Yes,
>
> yes

That's a pity :(

Thanks anyway.

[email protected] wrote:
> On May 22, 9:10 pm, Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:
>> [email protected] laid this down on his screen :
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have a question about standlight function of Lumotec IQ Fly:
>>> is the light still on after I turn the lamp off? I mean, assuming that
>>> I first rode a bit with the lamp turned on (so that the standlight
>>> function gets charged) and then stopped and switched the lamp "off" -
>>> is the lamp still will be shining (even though switched off), until
>>> the standlight function is discharged?
>>> Also similar question about a rearlights with standlight function
>>> (e.g. one of Toplight family lamp). I understand there is no on/off
>>> switch for rearlights, so I assume the light must be shining untill it
>>> is discharged?

>> Yes,
>>
>> yes

> That's a pity :(
>
> Thanks anyway.

Why is it a pity?

Lou

On May 22, 2:56 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On May 22, 9:10 pm, Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > [email protected] laid this down on his screen :

> > > Hello,

> > > I have a question about standlight function of Lumotec IQ Fly:
> > > is the light still on after I turn the lamp off? I mean, assuming that
> > > I first rode a bit with the lamp turned on (so that the standlight
> > > function gets charged) and then stopped and switched the lamp "off" -
> > > is the lamp still will be shining (even though switched off), until
> > > the standlight function is discharged?

> > > Also similar question about a rearlights with standlight function
> > > (e.g. one of Toplight family lamp). I understand there is no on/off
> > > switch for rearlights, so I assume the light must be shining untill it
> > > is discharged?

> > Yes,

> > yes

> That's a pity :(
>
> Thanks anyway.

Put a bloody sock over it when you park in dodgy spots.

On Thu, 22 May 2008 12:01:23 -0700, piotr.krukowiecki.news wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question about standlight function of Lumotec IQ Fly: is the
> light still on after I turn the lamp off? I mean, assuming that I first
> rode a bit with the lamp turned on (so that the standlight function gets
> charged) and then stopped and switched the lamp "off" - is the lamp
> still will be shining (even though switched off), until the standlight
> function is discharged?
>
> Also similar question about a rearlights with standlight function (e.g.
> one of Toplight family lamp). I understand there is no on/off switch for
> rearlights, so I assume the light must be shining untill it is
> discharged?

On the Busch & Muller 4DLite Plus taillight, you can discharge the
capacitor by using a key or other piece of metal to bridge two metal
contacts on the side of the light. But I've found that you have to do it
a couple of times or the light will still glow dimly (or maybe I need to
use a better conductor.)

On May 22, 10:09 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On May 22, 10:05 pm, Lou Holtman <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Why is it a pity?

> Light attracts unwanted attention.

Nah. I leave my Cateye TL-LD1100 daylight flasher on and flashing away
merrily any time I park my bike. I've stood inside the library's glass
window looking out and seen the likely thieves eyeing my bike and then
walking past to start fingering the bits on the next bike. A light
makes your bike look like you're coming back to it straighaway.

Andre Jute
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/BICYCLE HUMOUR.html