Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

question about new toob from newbie

Started by jshafer · · Last activity · 3 posts · 631 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 August 2006
Last activity
3 August 2006
Original author
jshafer
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
631
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I pumped up my tires for my commute to work this morning and the front one was leaking badly. I changed out the tube, but when I was done I noticed the size was different. The tube I got from the lbs(he was going off memory of what i needed) is a giant 700 x 23/25c. The old tube was 700 x 28/32c, the tire is marked serfa seca 700 x 28c. My question is 1. is this safe 2. what about performance. The bike felt sluggish this morning but I havn't ridden in 4 days and it may just be a mental factor and I felt a little sluggish from the moment I got up this morning. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

  2. Yes, it's safe. The tube does need to stretch just a little bit more than usual to fill the wider 28c tyre but it's nothing to be worried about. To take things to more extreme levels, I've used 700x19/23 tubes in a 700x38 tyre for months on end without any issue.

    Performance shouldn't be affected at all. If anything, the tube you bought will probably be a little bit lighter than your old one.

  3. thanks.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.