question about race face handlebars

Do the oversize Race Face handlebars (such as the Atlas LR Bar) have a
31.8mm tube diameter for the whole length of the tube, or just in the
center (where the stem clamps on)?

I have really huge hands, and I think a larger diameter handlebar would
be more comfortable. But I'm not buying one of these if the ends taper
down to 25.4 mm like the rest.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do the oversize Race Face handlebars (such as the Atlas LR Bar) have a
> 31.8mm tube diameter for the whole length of the tube, or just in the
> center (where the stem clamps on)?
>
> I have really huge hands, and I think a larger diameter handlebar would
> be more comfortable. But I'm not buying one of these if the ends taper
> down to 25.4 mm like the rest.

My Truvativ bars have a 31.8mm diameter in the middle, they then taper out
to 25.4mm.

I'd be inclined to say the Race Face is the same otherwise none of the
grips, shifters and brake levers would fit...

Cheers Dre

Dre wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Do the oversize Race Face handlebars (such as the Atlas LR Bar) have a
> > 31.8mm tube diameter for the whole length of the tube, or just in the
> > center (where the stem clamps on)?
> >
> > I have really huge hands, and I think a larger diameter handlebar would
> > be more comfortable. But I'm not buying one of these if the ends taper
> > down to 25.4 mm like the rest.
> >

> My Truvativ bars have a 31.8mm diameter in the middle, they then taper out
> to 25.4mm.
>
> I'd be inclined to say the Race Face is the same otherwise none of the
> grips, shifters and brake levers would fit...
>
> Cheers Dre

Mr. Cheers Dre is right. They are not fat to the ends...

hth

CDB