    today quite effortlessly and walked 5 kms and ran another 1.3 kms in 9
    minutes, but that is only 30 minutes of running. I really want to
    accelerate this. Can i run 30 minutes in morning and 30 minutes at
    night? should i add bike riding and weight lifting. i would think i can
    handle 4 hrs per day of exercise. i am 42. i am training full-time at
    this point so i want to use every minute in the day if possible.

    Tags:

  2. What are your goals?

  3. On 2005-03-14, gty <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I am presently training for 5 km as a beginner in first week. They say
    > to run/walk 20 minutes on alternate days. I ran 2.8 kms in 21 minutes
    > today quite effortlessly and walked 5 kms and ran another 1.3 kms in 9
    > minutes, but that is only 30 minutes of running. I really want to
    > accelerate this.

    Be patient. "Accelerating" your training will not "accelerate" your results.

    > Can i run 30 minutes in morning and 30 minutes at
    > night?

    That's an overkill at this stage.

    > should i add bike riding and weight lifting. i would think i can

    Not really.

    > handle 4 hrs per day of exercise. i am 42. i am training full-time at
    > this point so i want to use every minute in the day if possible.

    Use the other minutes on recovery. Recovery is as important as training.
    Recovery is where the adaptions occur. Training breaks your body down, it's
    during recovery that you get stronger.

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

  4. Quit now.

    Bill Rogers

  5. Tick Septic

    Tick Septic Guest

    16. 1.6 = 17.6
    on a 21 speed bike.
    picking up 10¢ cans.

    Geometry Line Geometry Chords

    Given a circle, the apothem is the perpendicular distance r from the
    midpoint of a chord to the circle's center. It is also equal to the
    radius R minus the sagitta s,

    For a regular polygon, the apothem simply is the distance from the
    center to a side, i.e., the inradius r of the polygon. Chord, Circular
    Sector, Circular Segment, Inradius, Radius, Regular Polygon, Sagitta
    n-1
    n-2
    n-3
    n-4
    n-5
    n-6
    n-7
    n-8
    circle for me is 11 miles a day.
    r=5½ 17.6
    Jan-31
    Feb-28
    March-14
    73 days
    73×11=803
    772 miles +25=797
    new miles =797÷73=10.917808
    Re: Training Week Ending March 13, 2005

    Group: rec.running Date: Sun, Mar 13, 2005, 7:18am From:
    [email protected] (Tick Septic)
      (781=11)miles a day.
    772 or mile for year. 10.9
    94.4   (1235.2=19.7632)
    1235.2
    17.6

    March 13=25 miles
    so new miles is =Ending March 13,2005
    or pu miles on next weeks.
    772+25=797
    =6 miles short of 11 miles a day×73 days
    or r=5½ miles
    n-1 thru n-8 regular polygon

  6. I recommend the morning AND evening runs, AND cycling, AND weight
    lifting. You see, when you're out there sweating, you're not in here
    posting.

  7. Tick Septic

    Tick Septic Guest

    Re: Question about training for beginner

    Group: rec.running Date: Mon, Mar 14, 2005, 7:52am From:
    [email protected] (Miss Anne Thrope)
    I recommend the morning AND evening runs, AND cycling, AND weight
    lifting. You see, when you're out there sweating, you're not in here
    posting.

    and when your resting can dream of Miss A thorpe..... Gerrrrrrrrr

    shut up Bill she is not a man.....

  8. gty

    gty Guest

    I want to compete in adventure racing. There is a race on mar 26. I
    know this girl who does it. I need to impress her.

  9. gty

    gty Guest

    I post wirelessly as i exercise so i don't see the logic of your
    harmful advice.

  10. gty

    gty Guest

    That is what I suspected. It does seem strange though to only do
    something for 20 minutes per day. I usually go mountain climbing for 11
    hrs.

  11. Tick Septic

    Tick Septic Guest

    sorry Miss A Thorpw
    and Bill......

    Latter

    11 miles a day. 16 today.....
    rec riding....kya......

  12. Tick Septic

    Tick Septic Guest

    do more then 2 days a week.

  13. "gty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > That is what I suspected. It does seem strange though to only do
    > something for 20 minutes per day. I usually go mountain climbing for 11
    > hrs.

    ok, now you're just teasing me.

  14. gty

    gty Guest

    I have been doing 11 hr hikes into the mountains but only once a week
    with no exercise for rest of week other than walking. I guess i go
    quite slow on the hikes but i am huffing and puffing most of the way. I
    recently went on hike with a girl who runs and stuff and she smoked me
    up the mountain. She does adventure racing and stuff. I think my main
    asset is masochism and endurance.

  15. On 14 Mar 2005 10:27:00 -0800, "gty" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I post wirelessly as i exercise so i don't see the logic of your
    >harmful advice.

    work harder on the humour. your threads have
    lost my interest.
    ....thehick

  16. gty

    gty Guest

    i lived in toronto for 6 yrs around 85 to 91. i am a humourless guy.