Question: Cycling Resources

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jay, May 26, 2003.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    I will be doing some research regarding resources on the following cycling topics to assist local
    cyclists. Any leads for online resources would be appreciated.

    Winter Cycling

    Bikes as Transportation

    Commuter Cycling

    Light self-supported Touring (a few days- camping)

    Vehicular Cycling/Safety

    Thank you.

    Tags:

  2. "Jay"skrev

    > Vehicular Cycling/Safety

    Which country? Stuff like taking the lane will get you run over and/or fined in Denmark, but would
    be okay in some/most/all? states in the US AFAIK.

    M.

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    >> "Jay"skrev Vehicular Cycling/Safety

    >Mikael Seierup at [email protected] wrote: Which country? Stuff like taking the lane
    >will get you run over and/or fined in Denmark, but would be okay in some/most/all? states in the
    >US AFAIK.

    I am in Ontario, Canada and have bookmarked the Ontario Highway Traffic Act. I wish to see if there
    are relevant sites to refer people to about cycling as a vehicle. For my region, I have ordered
    about 16 different bike safety pamphlets. I am looking for online resources.

    A few people in the United States have asked me to get some resources for them too.

    Some time will be spent to research these topics properly but I wanted quick links. I am really busy
    (16-20 hr days for 10 weeks - preparing for our local Bicycle Festival).

  4. Jay <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BAF6E7B4.F82D%[email protected]>...
    > I will be doing some research regarding resources on the following cycling topics to assist local
    > cyclists. Any leads for online resources would be appreciated.
    >
    > Winter Cycling
    >
    > Bikes as Transportation

    I rode a delta trike (so I could haul more) as transportation for 20 years, but switched to a
    tadpole in 1999, and found it just as useful. The population and tourism explosions seemed to have
    started those yells : "get a REAL bike!" That annoyance plodded me into upgrades- like a stereo with
    seperate speakers, 2" color TV, fan, backwards overhead Zzipper fairing etc- enough to equal any
    behemoth SUV.

    I have no idea where to recommend searching, this might be an interesting topic!

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.