Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Question for Aero and Corsa riders

Started by Jim C · · Last activity · 2 posts · 699 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
15 April 2003
Last activity
15 April 2003
Original author
Jim C
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
699
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Since it appears that the only way to ride one of these is to buy it first I was curious about the
    typical experience.

    I currently ride a P38 and wonder how the comfort and laid back position of these bikes compares.
    The closest I have come to a euro type seat was sitting on a wishbone. Couldn't ride it though as it
    was set up for someone much taller so that doesn't tell me much.

    I recently rode a Barcroft Virginia for about 40 miles and loved the ride although it did work on my
    neck. I imagine time in the saddle would improve that feeling.

    Finally, speed? What I have read leads me to believe these big wheel bikes are faster, are they?
    --
    Jim C

  2. Jim C said:

    ... Finally, speed? What I have read leads me to believe these big wheel bikes are faster,
    are they?

    Sometimes. A small wheel lowracer will likely be faster in windy conditions on reasonably
    smooth roads.

    Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.