Question for Aero and Corsa riders

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jim C, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Jim C

    Jim C Guest

    Since it appears that the only way to ride one of these is to buy it first I was curious about the
    typical experience.

    I currently ride a P38 and wonder how the comfort and laid back position of these bikes compares.
    The closest I have come to a euro type seat was sitting on a wishbone. Couldn't ride it though as it
    was set up for someone much taller so that doesn't tell me much.

    I recently rode a Barcroft Virginia for about 40 miles and loved the ride although it did work on my
    neck. I imagine time in the saddle would improve that feeling.

    Finally, speed? What I have read leads me to believe these big wheel bikes are faster, are they?
    --
    Jim C

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Jim C wrote:
    > ... Finally, speed? What I have read leads me to believe these big wheel bikes are faster,
    > are they?

    Sometimes. A small wheel lowracer will likely be faster in windy conditions on reasonably
    smooth roads.