question for jobst brandt

Ozark Bicycle <[email protected]> wrote:

> that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
> nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
> has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
> experience).

No doubt Fogel justified these foul deeds with lipsmacking moralizing
about how the people whose families he assaulted were "liars". Only in
Fogel-land is the unproven (in Fogel *telepathy* future) sins of the
fathers visited on the wives and children by some self-appointed
internet hero called Carl Fogel.

It is despicable for trash like Carl Fogel to react to his petty fear
of brighter people on the newsgroup by including their friends and
families in his sneaky attacks. It is no doubt starting to dawn on
some why from the beginning I called Fogel "scum".

It is not difficult to spot scumbags of Fogel's type. For a start they
always have a loyal gang to blow smoke over their crimes, in this case
Michael Press and Ryan Cousineau and Frank Krygowski and some
campfollowers whose names I can't be bothered to remember. For
another, they cannot help conforming to their own pattern of
psychopathology: Fogel, for instance, doesn't appear to understand
that it is immoral and wrong for him to substitute his personal likes
and dislikes and fears for the due democratic process in which someone
is innocent until proven guilty; his repeated false accusations, his
repeated cries of "liar", his stoking up of his gang into a lynch mob,
demonstrate his disease to use all too visibly.

Andre Jute
A little, a very little thought will suffice. -- J M Keynes

On Feb 6, 5:58 pm, [email protected] wrote:

> For those who seem to have lost track, here's the actual quote, by
> Carl, that triggered Jute's belligerence:
>
> "I'd love to be convinced that Andre has actually gone well over 100
> kmh down some private farm road on that bike, but experience leads me
> to expect otherwise. A link to a specific spot on an internet topo map
> would be a starting point."
>
> The quoted statement is a version of "I don't believe that," not "I
> don't believe you."
>
> And anyone who claims Carl called Jute a liar is... well, mistaken, at
> best.
>
> - Frank Krygowski

You're a deliberate liar, too, Frank Krygowsky, by deliberately
deceitful editing. Here is the sequence which by the timing makes it
clear that Creepy Carl Fogel called me a liar in his very first
message on the subject:

The dates and times show that Carl Fogel called me a liar before I
could even answer questions:

Andre Jute Jan 23, 12:34 am (in the thread "Chalo among the fashion
victims and other impressionables" (1)):
"Gazelle Toulouse ... I've done well over 100Km/h on that bike, going
downhill of course."

Clive George Jan 23, 5.20pm:
"That's pretty fast - what hill?"

Andre Jute Jan 23, 5:42 pm:
"Not a famous hill. A tarmacadam farm lane."

Clive George Jan 23, 6:09 pm:
"Whereabouts is it?"

Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:00 pm, less than an hour later calls me a liar
without waiting for my reply to Clive:
"I'm not surprised that you got no real answer beyond that vague
tarmacadam farm lane that only one farmer uses, continent
unspecified...etc"

If that isn't an accusation of lying, what is? Fogel doesn't just call
me a liar on those facts, he claims (as he later even more explicitly
claimed elsewhere) that everything I say is a lie ("I am not
suprised...").

Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:43 pm, only an hour and a half after Clive asked
his question, and still without waiting for my reply, repeats the
accusation that I'm a liar:
"And I'd still be pleased to find that my skepticism is wrong and that
there is a paved farm lane long enough and steep enough for that kind
of bike to do well over 100 kmh."

Fogel meanwhile sneers and jeers his way through the me-too posts of
his gang getting in their knocks. I don't know anything about all this
for another 16 hours...

It is the next day before I even see Clive's question!

Andre Jute
The truth always comes to those who tease out the strands with logic
and added caffeine

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>"Whining"? Mr. Jute is not whining, IMO. Rather, he is shining a harsh
>light on an established Usenet maggot, the smarmy, despicable Carl
>Fogel.

Hmm. Your "harsh light" seems rather more like "deranged obsession" to me.

You sure you're not letting your dislike of Carl (even though it may be for
good reason) blind you to the fact that Mr Jute has spent rather a lot of
posts saying not much at all?

clive

On Feb 6, 4:41 pm, "Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >"Whining"? Mr. Jute is not whining, IMO. Rather, he is shining a harsh
> >light on an established Usenet maggot, the smarmy, despicable Carl
> >Fogel.

> Hmm. Your "harsh light" seems rather more like "deranged obsession" to me.

We differ, then.

> You sure you're not letting your dislike of Carl (even though it may be for
> good reason) blind you to the fact that Mr Jute has spent rather a lot of
> posts saying not much at all?

Mr. Jute's methods might not be the ones I would choose, but his cause
is just and his points well taken.

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 07:13:02 -0800 (PST), Ozark Bicycle
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
>that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
>nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
>has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
>experience).

Dude, you're such a stud to pile on an older man.

Hey, are you coming to NYC?

In article <[email protected]>,
Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> You can skip the first 80 messages:
> >> <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.tech/browse_frm/thread/fdafa5577b5d5112/55c14737cd6e586e?hl=en&tvc=1&q=kerry+bicycle#55c14737cd6e586e>.

> > I am not going searching. You know the message. Provide the MessageID:
> > Failing that, find the message in google groups, click `Show original'
> > and provide that URL.
> >

> Go to the "Options" tab, select View as Tree", and all 562 messages will
> show on the left hand side. The relevant exchange is contained in
> message numbers eighty-one (81) through eighty-nine (89).
>
> I believe the above is an adequate reference for anyone who has a
> working knowledge of using the Internet and is not being an obstructionist.

Done. Thinking about it, the statement "I do not
believe you" can be, depending on context, tantamount
to an accusation of lying. In any case, it is highly
inflamatory. To quote you from that thread

"To diverge from the above, one should not participate
in off-topic Usenet discussions on political topics
unless one is willing to deal with the resulting
ugliness. In my case I have been called among other
things a Communist, Al Qaida supporter, Saddam Hussein
supporter, Kim II Jung supporter, an anti-Semite, a
terrorist sympathizer, a rectal opening, anti-American,
an extremist wacko nut, a god dammed liberal, a piece
of excrement, and an apologist for murder: this list is
by no means exhaustive."

--
Michael Press

In article <[email protected]>,
Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> > In article
> > <rcousine-00C6AA.19142404022008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
> > Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Tom, have you really been holding onto a grudge against Carl for this
> >> pretty minor affront since 2004?!?!
> >>
> >> I almost admire your single-mindedness, though I gravely doubt your
> >> sense of proportion.
> >>
> >> For future reference, here's the Message-ID you want:
> >>
> >> <[email protected]>

> > OK. I read it. Carl Fogel says he does not believe Tom Sherman.
> > This is not tantamount to accusation of lying.
> >

> Mr. Fogel's meaning was clear from the context.

I reread it and think that "I do not believe you"
is as logically equivalent to "You are lying."

> > We all remain at liberty to take that position toward anyone,
> > without having to defend an accusation of accusing another of lying.
> > _I_ think that what Tom actually objects to is Carl Fogel claiming
> > that Tom Sherman is
> > "threatening other people if they
> > don't shut up and stop disagreeing with you."
> >

> Mr. Press is mistaken in his thoughts posted above.
>
> To his credit, Mr. Press states his belief as an opinion and not a fact,
> avoiding the immoral error Mr. Fogel committed.

Yes, opinion. I do not mind being called a liar,
and mind very much suggestions that I employ of strong-arm methods.

--
Michael Press

[email protected] aka Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On Feb 6, 10:13 am, Ozark Bicycle
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
>> that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
>> nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
>> has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
>> experience).

> I'll wager the other guy also did not put the name of his opponent in
> the heading of a thread, using it specifically to defame him. Only a
> few here have ever stooped to that level.

Such as the "Goatheads for Jobst" thread?

Michael Press wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Michael Press wrote:

>>> I am not going searching. You know the message. Provide the MessageID:
>>> Failing that, find the message in google groups, click `Show original'
>>> and provide that URL.
>>>

>> Go to the "Options" tab, select View as Tree", and all 562 messages will
>> show on the left hand side. The relevant exchange is contained in
>> message numbers eighty-one (81) through eighty-nine (89).
>>
>> I believe the above is an adequate reference for anyone who has a
>> working knowledge of using the Internet and is not being an obstructionist.

> Done. Thinking about it, the statement "I do not
> believe you" can be, depending on context, tantamount
> to an accusation of lying. In any case, it is highly
> inflamatory.

Indeed.

> To quote you from that thread
>
> "To diverge from the above, one should not participate
> in off-topic Usenet discussions on political topics
> unless one is willing to deal with the resulting
> ugliness. In my case I have been called among other
> things a Communist, Al Qaida supporter, Saddam Hussein
> supporter, Kim II Jung supporter, an anti-Semite, a
> terrorist sympathizer, a rectal opening, anti-American,
> an extremist wacko nut, a god dammed liberal, a piece
> of excrement, and an apologist for murder: this list is
> by no means exhaustive."

Maybe I will use that in my signature line.

"To diverge from the above, one should not participate
in off-topic Usenet discussions on political topics
unless one is willing to deal with the resulting
ugliness. In my case I have been called among other
things a Communist, Al Qaeda supporter, Saddam Hussein
supporter, Kim Il Jung supporter, an anti-Semite, a
terrorist sympathizer, a rectal opening, anti-American,
an extremist wacko nut, a god dammed liberal, a piece
of excrement, and an apologist for murder: this list is
by no means exhaustive."

> On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 07:13:02 -0800 (PST), Ozark Bicycle
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
>>that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
>>nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
>>has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
>>experience).

This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
-tom

On Feb 7, 8:16 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 07:13:02 -0800 (PST), Ozark Bicycle
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
> >>that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
> >>nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
> >>has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
> >>experience).

> This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
> -tom

IOW, it happened to me, and Carl Fogel was the perp.

On Feb 7, 8:16 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 07:13:02 -0800 (PST), Ozark Bicycle
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
> >>that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
> >>nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
> >>has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
> >>experience).

> This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
> -tom

>>IOW, it happened to me, and Carl Fogel was the perp.

So was it a personal attack against you or your family, or an attack
on your business?
It sounds quite serious, but this is the first time I heard of a newsgroup
member going outside of the RBT boundaries for personal attacks.
-tom

On Feb 7, 8:32 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> On Feb 7, 8:16 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
> > -tom
> >>IOW, it happened to me, and Carl Fogel was the perp.

> So was it a personal attack against you or your family, or an attack
> on your business?
> It sounds quite serious, but this is the first time I heard of a newsgroup
> member going outside of the RBT boundaries for personal attacks.
> -tom

Apparently, some folks can't tell where Usenet ends and the real world
begins. Carl Fogel would be a prime example. The attacks were personal
in nature.

On Feb 7, 8:32 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> On Feb 7, 8:16 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
> > -tom
> >>IOW, it happened to me, and Carl Fogel was the perp.

> So was it a personal attack against you or your family, or an attack
> on your business?
> It sounds quite serious, but this is the first time I heard of a newsgroup
> member going outside of the RBT boundaries for personal attacks.
> -tom

>>Apparently, some folks can't tell where Usenet ends and the real world
>>begins. Carl Fogel would be a prime example. The attacks were personal
>>in nature.

Sorry to hear that,
I would have to say that's crossing the line and going a bit too far.
-tom

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 07:59:05 -0800, "Tom Nakashima"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>On Feb 7, 8:32 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> > This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
>> > -tom

>> So was it a personal attack against you or your family, or an attack
>> on your business?
>> It sounds quite serious, but this is the first time I heard of a newsgroup
>> member going outside of the RBT boundaries for personal attacks.
>> -tom

>>>Apparently, some folks can't tell where Usenet ends and the real world
>>>begins. Carl Fogel would be a prime example. The attacks were personal
>>>in nature.

>Sorry to hear that,
>I would have to say that's crossing the line and going a bit too far.
>-tom

The internet remionds me of the old C.B. Radio days. When people
would hide behind the microphone flipping **** to people. Usually
came to a stop when someone would park in ront of the persons house
and flip on a linear amplifier and fry their radio.

Same thing as now....just seems that people take some of this WAY too
seriously.

On Feb 7, 2:11 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> [email protected] aka Frank Krygowski wrote:
>
> > On Feb 6, 10:13 am, Ozark Bicycle
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
> >> that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
> >> nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
> >> has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
> >> experience).

> > I'll wager the other guy also did not put the name of his opponent in
> > the heading of a thread, using it specifically to defame him. Only a
> > few here have ever stooped to that level.

> Such as the "Goatheads for Jobst" thread?

Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom. We've got a small,
juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
"_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable. I have no admiration
from those who agree.

- Frank Krygowski

On Feb 7, 3:16 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2:11 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> > [email protected] aka Frank Krygowski wrote:

> > > I'll wager the other guy also did not put the name of his opponent in
> > > the heading of a thread, using it specifically to defame him.  Only a
> > > few here have ever stooped to that level.

> > Such as the "Goatheads for Jobst" thread?

> Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom.  We've got a small,
> juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
> "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable.

Apparently, you have no problem with guys whos forward, unsolicited,
private emails (as a form of character assassination), eh? Nor with
those who send nasty snail mails to posters family members, either.

> I have no admiration
> from those who agree.

Imagine the horror of not having the "admiration" of Frank Krygowski!
The horror! The horror!!

Ozark Bicycle wrote:
> On Feb 7, 3:16 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>> On Feb 7, 2:11 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>> Such as the "Goatheads for Jobst" thread?

>> Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom. We've got a small,
>> juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
>> "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable.

> Apparently, you have no problem with guys whos forward, unsolicited,
> private emails...

I will not purchase products from a certain bicycle company since one of
the people who they chose to represent them posted one of my emails on a
public forum.

On Feb 7, 9:16 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2:11 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> > [email protected] aka Frank Krygowski wrote:

> > > I'll wager the other guy also did not put the name of his opponent in
> > > the heading of a thread, using it specifically to defame him.  Only a
> > > few here have ever stooped to that level.

> > Such as the "Goatheads for Jobst" thread?

> Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom.

Explain to us, Krygo, how it is not willful defamation for Carl Fogel
to call someone a liar on absolutely zero evidence. Explain to us how
it is not defamation for Carl Fogel, when offered the opportunity to
deny he called someone a liar, to confirm that he did call him a liar
by saying explicitly and emphatically that he won't apologize: "I
won't," said Carl Fogel. (Anyone hear a whining teenager cutting off
his nose to spite his face?)

Contrast the careful way I have marshaled the proof of Fogel's crimes
before I called him a false accuser and a liar. Notice that I
evaluated Fogel's crimes and made a further case that they were
against the common weal of RBT before I decided someone as sneakily an
unrepentantly antisocial as Fogel is scum and deserves to be called
scum.

>We've got a small,
> juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
> "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable.  I have no admiration
> from those who agree.

This whine from Krygowski translates into, "If you don't keep quiet
about our extortions, you can't belong to our gang." That's the
authentic voice of the Krygo-Fogel Axis telling us what we can say and
how we can say it, raising the question: Who elected these control
freaks to lordship over us?

This sort of dumb social pressure you, Frank Krygowski, are trying to
apply in justification of sweeping Fogel's crimes under the carpet is
the hallmark of street corner bullies, gangbangers, drive-by shooters,
net-curtain twitchers, and witch hunters from Salem to McCarthy to
modern-day Detroit. Quite contrary to your hypocrisy, it is our *duty*
to expose cowardly bullies like Fogel before they damage free speech
on the unmoderated internet conferences even further than they have
already; it is our *duty* to call Creepy Carl exactly what he is,
which is anti-social scum.

I warned you, Krygowski, you don't have what it takes to enter
polemics with intelligent people. We see right through your spaniel-
like devotion to Creepy Carl. I couldn't wish a worse fate on even
Creepy Carl than a friend as clumsy as you, Krygo. You're a worse
burden than a hernia.

> - Frank Krygowski

Andre Jute
Out of the mouths of babes

In article <[email protected]>,
Harry Brogan <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 07:59:05 -0800, "Tom Nakashima"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >On Feb 7, 8:32 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >> So was it a personal attack against you or your family, or an attack
> >> on your business?
> >> It sounds quite serious, but this is the first time I heard of a newsgroup
> >> member going outside of the RBT boundaries for personal attacks.
> >> -tom

> >Sorry to hear that,
> >I would have to say that's crossing the line and going a bit too far.
> >-tom
> >

> The internet remionds me of the old C.B. Radio days. When people
> would hide behind the microphone flipping **** to people. Usually
> came to a stop when someone would park in ront of the persons house
> and flip on a linear amplifier and fry their radio.

Will you provide details of how the frying transpires, please?
The linear amplifier is connected to what?
Does a signal go to the victims receiving antenna?
What component fries?

--
Michael Press