Question for Mango Lovers

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (S.Dunlap) wrote:

> Katra <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<KatraMungBean-
> [email protected]>...
> > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (S.Dunlap)
> > wrote:

> > > Yup...good that way. I have 2 thirty foot mango trees in my yard, they are in bloom now. Grren
> > > mangoes can also be used in place of apples for pie and cobbler.
> > >
> > > Sandi - in Honduras Pardon any typos, I'm typing with a short arm cast on my right hand. It
> > > matches the long leg cast on my right leg!
> >
> > Car wreck???
>
> Soccer game and a bar fight....LMBO....actually slipped on loose gravel but the other story
> sounds better!
>
> Sandi

Bummer. You have my empathy.......

I used the "bar fight" excuse once myself! I lost an argument with a bungee hook.

Was loading stuff at the end of a camping trip using a tarp and bungee hooks and I guess I pulled to
hard on one. It was fully extended and the metal hook decided to straighten out. The thing whipped
back and hit me right on the edge of the jawline! I'm damned lucky it did not hit me in the eye. :-(

For the next week, I had this monster bruise on my jaw, extending over a good part of my
cheek and neck.

I had to go to work that way, and claiming a bar fight was ever so much fun!

Hope you heal up quickly!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:48:50 -0600, Katra
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Soccer game and a bar fight....LMBO....actually slipped on loose gravel but the other story
>> sounds better!
>>
>> Sandi
>
>Bummer. You have my empathy.......
>
>I used the "bar fight" excuse once myself! I lost an argument with a bungee hook.
>
>Was loading stuff at the end of a camping trip using a tarp and bungee hooks and I guess I pulled
>to hard on one. It was fully extended and the metal hook decided to straighten out. The thing
>whipped back and hit me right on the edge of the jawline! I'm damned lucky it did not hit me in
>the eye. :-(
>
>For the next week, I had this monster bruise on my jaw, extending over a good part of my cheek
>and neck.
>
>I had to go to work that way, and claiming a bar fight was ever so much fun!
>
>Hope you heal up quickly!
>
>K.

Hay I'll have to use the bungee cord excuse the next time I'm in a bar fight. Pan Ohco

In article <[email protected]>,
Pan Ohco <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:48:50 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >> Soccer game and a bar fight....LMBO....actually slipped on loose gravel but the other story
> >> sounds better!
> >>
> >> Sandi
> >
> >Bummer. You have my empathy.......
> >
> >I used the "bar fight" excuse once myself! I lost an argument with a bungee hook.
> >
> >Was loading stuff at the end of a camping trip using a tarp and bungee hooks and I guess I pulled
> >too hard on one. It was fully extended and the metal hook decided to straighten out. The thing
> >whipped back and hit me right on the edge of the jawline! I'm damned lucky it did not hit me in
> >the eye. :-(
> >
> >For the next week, I had this monster bruise on my jaw, extending over a good part of my cheek
> >and neck.
> >
> >I had to go to work that way, and claiming a bar fight was ever so much fun!
> >
> >Hope you heal up quickly!
> >
> >K.
>
> Hay I'll have to use the bungee cord excuse the next time I'm in a bar fight. Pan Ohco

<snicker> Whatever works. ;-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

Cut the mango in half. Now take a knife and cut vertical and horizontal cuts into the mango all the
way down to the skin. You should have a cross-hatch pattern. Then turn the mango inside out by
pushing the back of the mango upwards between your hands. Voila! Mango squares. And you can cut them
off very close to the skin.

Paul

"Sheryl Rosen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BC5E7657.46D42%[email protected]...
> My local supermarket is beginning to adopt everyday low pricing, which I LOVE! for a lot of
> reasons. We still have the dreaded card, but some
things
> are just everyday low priced. Mangoes are one such item. 2/$1, every
week.
> Lemons and Limes, too.
>
> I have been buying mangoes every week. I don't eat mango everyday, but I keep them in the fridge,
> once they get ripe, and when I want it, it's
there!

> I love their fragrance and prefer their taste to peaches or nectarines. While they are similar, I
> like the texture of mango better.
>
> I know how to cut and peel a mango. I set the mango on one of its "thin" sides, run the knife down
> the equator between the two halves, and when I hit the pit, I turn the knife slightly
so
> it runs close to the pit. Then I put the mango, pit side down and slice down the other side of the
> pit. Finally, I trim down the sides of the
mango