Question for racers and serious trainers and such

fixed

Jul 13, 2004
When I ride long periods 60-100 miles or more my testicle shrink and tighten up. Function really isn't impaired but lately I've worried that there could be damage being done. My question is is this normal...have other people experienced it. I'm somewhat new to cycling and especially the tight shorts. I started riding to get in shape and was just riding regular old pants at first. Started doing some racing and have reallly started working fornext season. When I was doing longer rides in street clothes i didn't notice this problem. Is it normal? Other than general discomfort after longer rides and the tighting/shrinking there is no sharp pain and it usually goes back to normal after an hour or two.

thanks and sorry for the somewhat intimate question...
fixed

fixed said:
When I ride long periods 60-100 miles or more my testicle shrink and tighten up. Function really isn't impaired but lately I've worried that there could be damage being done. My question is is this normal...have other people experienced it. I'm somewhat new to cycling and especially the tight shorts. I started riding to get in shape and was just riding regular old pants at first. Started doing some racing and have reallly started working fornext season. When I was doing longer rides in street clothes i didn't notice this problem. Is it normal? Other than general discomfort after longer rides and the tighting/shrinking there is no sharp pain and it usually goes back to normal after an hour or two.

fixed

Its normal. It's the bodies way of protecting all those little trouble makers stored in our testicles. They like moderate beach weather, suck em up when its to cold, drop down when its too hot.

fixed said:

fixed

Shrinking and expanding is normal, but if you are experiencing any pain you should consider consulting a doctor.