Question for the cardiologists

Hank

Guest
I am taking Lescol XL 80mg. and Niaspan 1000mg. daily with very good results. Do any of you also
recommend taking Co Q-10 and if so, how much? Thank you for your help.

Hank

Hank wrote:

> I am taking Lescol XL 80mg. and Niaspan 1000mg. daily with very good results. Do any of you also
> recommend taking Co Q-10 and if so, how much? Thank you for your help.
>
> Hank

I generally avoid drug specifics (name and dosages) for obvious reasons.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:58:01 -0500, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I generally avoid drug specifics (name and dosages) for obvious reasons.

Dr. Chung -

It was a politely asked question from a person seeking advice on this newgroup. If the reasons that
you refuse to answer were "obvious" to him, he wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.
So why the hell be an asshole and insult the man like that? It's really not very Christian, you
know. Just explain the situation politely and give him some suggestions regarding where he might
find the answer to his question. Or are kindness and *true* humility beneath you?

smn

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:35:52 GMT, Stephen Nagler <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Dr. Chung -
>
>It was a politely asked question from a person seeking advice on this newgroup. If the reasons that
>you refuse to answer were "obvious" to him, he wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.
>So why the hell be an asshole and insult the man like that? It's really not very Christian, you
>know. Just explain the situation politely and give him some suggestions regarding where he might
>find the answer to his question. Or are kindness and *true* humility beneath you?

"Question for the cardiologists"

Are you claiming now to be a cardiologist?

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap970210.html Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

"Gamma M_un" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:35:52 GMT, Stephen Nagler <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Dr. Chung -
> >
> >It was a politely asked question from a person seeking advice on this newgroup. If the reasons
> >that you refuse to answer were "obvious" to him, he wouldn't have asked the question in the first
> >place. So why the hell be an asshole and insult the man like that? It's really not very
> >Christian, you know. Just explain the situation politely and give him some suggestions regarding
> >where he might find the answer to his question. Or are kindness and *true* humility beneath you?
>
> "Question for the cardiologists"
>
> Are you claiming now to be a cardiologist?
>
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap970210.html Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

it was all in my head Dr. I thought I had a heart problem. I now walk fast, eat less, lift weights
in the gym. I am now more relaxed, and able to cope with a neurosis which might come my way.

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:53:50 -0000, "William Nunn"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Gamma M_un" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:p[email protected]...
>> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:35:52 GMT, Stephen Nagler <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Dr. Chung -
>> >
>> >It was a politely asked question from a person seeking advice on this newgroup. If the reasons
>> >that you refuse to answer were "obvious" to him, he wouldn't have asked the question in the
>> >first place. So why the hell be an asshole and insult the man like that? It's really not very
>> >Christian, you know. Just explain the situation politely and give him some suggestions regarding
>> >where he might find the answer to his question. Or are kindness and *true* humility beneath you?
>>
>> "Question for the cardiologists"
>>
>> Are you claiming now to be a cardiologist?
>>
>> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap970210.html Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.
>
>it was all in my head Dr. I thought I had a heart problem. I now walk fast, eat less, lift weights
>in the gym. I am now more relaxed, and able to cope with a neurosis which might come my way.

lol

Gamma M_un wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:35:52 GMT, Stephen Nagler <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Dr. Chung -
>>
>>It was a politely asked question from a person seeking advice on this newgroup. If the reasons
>>that you refuse to answer were "obvious" to him, he wouldn't have asked the question in the first
>>place. So why the hell be an asshole and insult the man like that? It's really not very Christian,
>>you know. Just explain the situation politely and give him some suggestions regarding where he
>>might find the answer to his question. Or are kindness and *true* humility beneath you?
>
> "Question for the cardiologists"
>
> Are you claiming now to be a cardiologist?

Like Dylan said, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

And you certainly blow.

Bob

Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Gamma M_un wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:35:52 GMT, Stephen Nagler <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Dr. Chung -
> >>
> >>It was a politely asked question from a person seeking advice on this newgroup. If the reasons
> >>that you refuse to answer were "obvious" to him, he wouldn't have asked the question in the
> >>first place. So why the hell be an asshole and insult the man like that? It's really not very
> >>Christian, you know. Just explain the situation politely and give him some suggestions regarding
> >>where he might find the answer to his question. Or are kindness and *true* humility beneath you?
> >
> > "Question for the cardiologists"
> >
> > Are you claiming now to be a cardiologist?
>
> Like Dylan said, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."
>
> And you certainly blow.
>
> Bob

Would suggest you stop obsessing about Mu.

Life is too short.

Spend what little time you have left with your family.

Fill your heart with love and empty it of hate.

Would suggest you accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.

Only He can save you from your obsessions.

FYI Note: I am aware that I am responding to a cross-posted message. Because the author of the
message to which I am responding did not request that the header be trimmed, I have not trimmed it.
If you are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Bob
(2) Report Bob to his ISP.
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.
(5) Read about free speech.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L21532147

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Gamma M_un wrote:

>>>"Question for the cardiologists"
>>>
>>>Are you claiming now to be a cardiologist?
>>
>>Like Dylan said, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."
>>
>>And you certainly blow.
>>
>>Bob
>
> Would suggest you stop obsessing about Mu.

Would suggest that Chung stop pretending to knowledge he doesn't have. That's the demonstrated
definition of quackery. As he has done before. That's why I have called him a quack repeatedly.

> Life is too short.

True.

> Spend what little time you have left with your family.

"Little time...? Does Chung pretend to read god's mind as he does everybody else's?

> Fill your heart with love and empty it of hate.

Words for Chung and Mu_dpie to begin to live by. Start showing love. Stop showing the soul-
destroying hate that consumes them both. The hate that makes them deliberately try to cause pain.
The hate that makes Mu_nchkin troll. The hate that marks Chung's snips and macros.

> Would suggest you accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.

Poor demented, deluded, dishonest Chung. Can't read the words on his screen and can't understand the
ones he can make out. This is a dead topic. All the information that Chung needs he has gotten
repeatedly. His choice to deny the truth is his own debilitated state in clear outline. Poor, sad,
clownish Chung.

> Only He can save you from your obsessions.

What a perfectly stupid thing to say.

Bob

Bob wrote:

> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
> > Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >>Like Dylan said, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."
> >>
> >>And you certainly blow.
> >>
> >>Bob
> >
> > Would suggest you stop obsessing about Mu.
>
> Would suggest that Chung stop pretending to knowledge he doesn't have.

Who's pretending?

> That's the demonstrated definition of quackery.

It is.

> As he has done before.

In your feigned delusions.

> That's why I have called him a quack repeatedly.

You continue to feign delusion:

http:/www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

Do you think anyone will believe you?

Do you even believe you?

> > Life is too short.
>
> True.
>
> > Spend what little time you have left with your family.
>
> "Little time...?

"Life is too short."

> Does Chung pretend to read god's mind as he does everybody else's?

No, I am not God.

> > Fill your heart with love and empty it of hate.
>
> Words for Chung and Mu_dpie to begin to live by. Start showing love.

Seems that this "English is my fifth language" disease is contagious :)

> Stop showing the soul-destroying hate that consumes them both.

A little projection, perhaps?

> The hate that makes them deliberately try to cause pain.

Why does the truth cause you pain?

> The hate that makes Mu_nchkin troll.

The untruthful see hate when there is love.

> The hate that marks Chung's snips and macros.

The truth is hateful to the untruthful.

> > Would suggest you accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
>
> Poor demented, deluded, dishonest Chung. Can't read the words on his screen and can't understand
> the ones he can make out. This is a dead topic.

Christ has risen :)

His would be living topic.

> All the information that Chung needs he has gotten repeatedly.

If that were true, I would be all-knowing and a god. I am neither.

> His choice to deny the truth is his own debilitated state in clear outline.

When have I denied Christ?

I do recall Dr. Nagler begging me to.

> Poor, sad, clownish Chung.

Have you been eating those mushrooms again, Bob?

> > Only He can save you from your obsessions.
>
> What a perfectly stupid thing to say.

Truth is stupid to the untruthful.

> Bob

My guess is you are ashamed of your name.

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

You remain in my prayers, neighbor :)

May you accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, someday, so that you will receive
eternal life.

FYI Note: I am aware that I am responding to a cross-posted message. Because the author of the
message to which I am responding did not request that the header be trimmed, I have not trimmed it.
If you are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Bob
(2) Report Bob to his ISP
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.
(5) Read about free speech.

This discussion(s) is related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate the Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
diet approach. They have debated Dr. Chung on every perceived weakness of the 2 pound diet approach
and have lost the argument soundly at every point:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this discussion thread(s).

However, instead of conceding gracefully that they've lost the argument(s), certain parties have
redirected their hatred of the 2 pound diet approach toward its author. The rationale appears to be
"if you can not discredit the message then try to discredit the messenger."

Initially, these folks accused the messenger of "trolling." A "troll" is someone who posts under the
cloak of anonymity messages with no redeeming discussion value and with the sole purpose of starting
"flame" wars.

These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations were made:

(6) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
(7) The 2PD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting the discussion(s).
(a) Those who are failing low-carbing can dovetail LC with the 2PD to achieve near-
ideal weight.
(b) Obese diabetics improve their blood glucose control when their weight becomes near-ideal.
(c) For (b) see: http://tinyurl.com/levc
(3) Dr. Chung did not start the discussion(s).
(4) The 2 pound diet approach is 100% free (no profit motive).
(5) Dr. Chung's credentials are real and easily verified on-line (including jpegs of the actual
diplomas).

Full of hatred, frustration, and desperation, certain individuals have tried to attack
Dr. Chung's credentials knowing full well that they were attempting to libel him. One notable
example is Mr. Pastorio:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

When the full light was cast on Mr. Pastorio's libelous statements, the hateful folks hiding in the
darkness of anonymity only hissed louder in support of their fallen hero.

Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either actively or as lurkers can
easily dismiss the hisses, for what they are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/profile.asp

where Dr. Chung's credentials can be verified many times over and libelous claims that credentials
were bought are easily and summarily debunked.

Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning the anon posters who continue
to hiss (ie JC Der Koenig and Mack):

(1) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or accountability).
(2) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory characters.
(3) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to deliver one-sided insults.
(4) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by cross-posting.
(5) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the 2PD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to speed.

It will remain my pleasure to continue the discussion(s) about the 2PD above the din of hissing from
the peanut gallery.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L21532147

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:23:33 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

<The usual Chung **** snipped>

> These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations
> were made:
>
> (1) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.

Oh, like you didn't pose as "A. B. Chung FAQ" and "Contest Administrator" from humility.org? LOL!

A show of hands, folks: who doesn't believe Chung wrote those moronic, self-serving posts?

> Andrew
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/
>
> --
> Who is the humblest person in the universe?
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?L21532147

Who is the humblest person in the universe? According to Chung, God :) ROTFL! "I'm Humble!
Worship Me!"

Steve

PS Don't forget to read Chung's Version of the "Chung FAQ"... I couldn't have written a better
parody myself... Hat's Off to the Master of Obfuscation, Disinformation, and Disingenuousness!
Mr. Humble-Pie himself :)

Cross-Post away, sucker!

Weeding the Lord's Vineyards Since 2003

On 2 Feb 2004 20:36:13 -0800, [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B.
Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:

>> Bob
>
>Would suggest you stop obsessing about Mu.
>
>Life is too short.
>
>Spend what little time you have left with your family.

Pastry Bob is like having my own little puppy to follow me around. A mute one that is.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960730.html Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

Steve wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:23:33 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote (in message
> <[email protected]>):
>
> <The usual truth snipped>
>
> > These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations
> > were made:
> >
> > (1) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
>
> Oh, like you didn't pose as "A. B. Chung FAQ" and "Contest Administrator" from humility.org? LOL!

Is it your claim that I have impersonated someone?

If your answer is yes, kindly identify the person(s) whom I have allegedly impersonated.

> A show of hands, folks: who doesn't believe Chung wrote those moronic, self-serving posts?

It would help if you identified the posts in question so that folks can better understand your
allegations.

FYI Note: I am aware that I am responding to a cross-posted message. Because the author of the
message to which I am responding requested that the header not be trimmed, I have not trimmed it. If
you are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Steve
(2) Report Steve to his ISP
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.
(5) Read about free speech.

This discussion(s) is related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate the Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
[...]

(6) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or accountability).
(7) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory characters.
(8) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to deliver one-sided insults.
(9) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by cross-posting.
(10) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the 2PD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to speed.

It will remain my pleasure to continue the discussion(s) about the 2PD above the din of hissing from
the peanut gallery.

Sincerely,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L21532147

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:17:56 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Steve wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:23:33 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote (in message
>> <[email protected]>):
>>
>> <The usual Chung **** snipped>
>>
>>> These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations
>>> were made:
>>>
>>> (1) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
>>
>> Oh, like you didn't pose as "A. B. Chung FAQ" and "Contest Administrator" from humility.org? LOL!
>>

> Is it your claim that I have impersonated someone?
>
> If your answer is yes, kindly identify the person(s) whom I have allegedly impersonated.
>

>> A show of hands, folks: who doesn't believe Chung wrote those moronic, self-serving posts?
>>

> It would help if you identified the posts in question so that folks can better understand your
> allegations.

Oh, I think you'd be surprised what folks understand, Chung.

I'm not going to be playing your tortured meaning word games and arguing about tropes with you. If
you think there is a person reading this group who doesn't know that:

(1) You made those posts, and

(2) That that is exactly the same thing you constantly accuse others of doing, you are deluding
yourself. Denying it only digs the hole deeper and demonstrates to everyone yet again what
hypocritical sleaze you are.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

--

Steve wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:17:56 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote (in message
> <[email protected]>):
>
> > Steve wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:23:33 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote (in message
> >> <[email protected]>):
> >>
> >> <The usual truth snipped>

> >> Oh, like you didn't pose as "A. B. Chung FAQ" and "Contest Administrator" from
> >> humility.org? LOL!
> >>

> > Is it your claim that I have impersonated someone?
> >
> > If your answer is yes, kindly identify the person(s) whom I have allegedly impersonated.

Well ?

> >> A show of hands, folks: who doesn't believe Chung wrote those moronic, self-serving posts?
> >>

> > It would help if you identified the posts in question so that folks can better understand your
> > allegations.
>
> Oh, I think you'd be surprised what folks understand, Chung.
>
> I'm not going to be playing your tortured meaning word games and arguing about tropes with you. If
> you think there is a person reading this group who doesn't know that:
>
> (1) You made those posts, and

Again, which "self-serving" posts are you referring to ?

> (2) That that is exactly the same thing you constantly accuse others of doing, you are deluding
> yourself. Denying it only digs the hole deeper and demonstrates to everyone yet again what
> hypocritical sleaze you are.

Who have I libeled?

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

> When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Sounds like you should have followed your own advice long ago, S. :)

[...]

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
[...]

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 10:23:33 -0500, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Bob wrote:
>

>> > Life is too short.
>>
>> True.
>>
>> > Spend what little time you have left with your family.
>>
>> "Little time...?
>
>"Life is too short."

It is not that life is too short so much as you are dead for so long.

I have a hard time imagining the horror of an eternity out of the presence of God.

John

John wrote:

> >> True.

> >> "Little time...?
> >
> >"Life is too short."
>
> It is not that life is too short so much as you are dead for so long.
>
> I have a hard time imagining the horror of an eternity out of the presence of God.
>
> John

So true, brother :)

Andrew

--

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:39:14 -0700, John <[email protected]> wrote:

>It is not that life is too short so much as you are dead for so long.
>
>I have a hard time imagining the horror of an eternity out of the presence of God.

Yet fools like Pastry Bob, Stevie and many others take that risk everyday here, don't they?

If anyone thinks Satan is not powerful, look at the deception he has pulled off any these
intelligent men.

He's fooled them out of their lives for what? TROLLING?

Once In A Blue M_un wrote:

> If anyone thinks Satan is not powerful, look at the deception he has pulled off any these
> intelligent men.

Blew the Man in the M_un shows once again how he likes coherent, properly spelled, intelligent
posts. And he litters the landscape with examples like this.

> He's fooled them out of their lives for what? TROLLING?

<LOL> Poor impotent fool.

Bob

Bob wrote:

> Once In A Blue M_un wrote:
>
> > If anyone thinks Satan is not powerful, look at the deception he has pulled off any these
> > intelligent men.
>
> <hiss>
>
> > He's fooled them out of their lives for what? TROLLING?
>
> <hiss>
>
> Bob

Point proven.

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

May you turn away from satan and accept Christ as your Lord and Savior someday.

Andrew