Question for the experts

richie

Guest
When someone or two is sent to chase down/cover a break away from the
peloton, how does that work exactly? Do they join the breakaway but do no
pace setting thereby being simply extra baggage for the breakaway or do they
ride in front and slow down the pace??

"richie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When someone or two is sent to chase down/cover a break away from the
> peloton, how does that work exactly? Do they join the breakaway but do no
> pace setting thereby being simply extra baggage for the breakaway or do
> they ride in front and slow down the pace??

You've pretty much got it. It's also psychological. "Hey guy, you're not
getting away. We're right here and if you keep pressing this, we're just
gonna ride your wheel to the finish line, then sprint around you on fresh
legs for the win."

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)