Question for the regs...

steve

Guest
I see a lot of talk about the "July Posters", and right now that is me.

What do you guys discuss generally? Pro races? Training? Local racing?
Tactics?

Are most of you guys racers? In the US?

steve (AKA mr curious)
--
"A man was severely injured today in the Knutsford area."

Benny Hill

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I see a lot of talk about the "July Posters", and right now that is me.
>
> What do you guys discuss generally? Pro races? Training? Local racing?
> Tactics?
>
> Are most of you guys racers? In the US?

Pretty much what you see. Training, local racing? Not really. It's just like
what you see between us, speculations and analysis of races at the pro level..
as well as assorted trollings.

And to answer your second question, I'm an aspiring racer but the way things are
going, I will have to aspire for a while longer.

-Sonarrat.

>From: "Sonarrat" [email protected]n..

>Pretty much what you see. Training, local racing? Not really. It's just
>like
>what you see between us, speculations and analysis of races at the pro
>level..
>as well as assorted trollings.

<snipped>

>-Sonarrat.

We do get around to just about everything eventually. Not a lot on training
except what you've seen, or when someone decides to take on Andy Coggan our
resident expert.
You'll see him listed a few times here:
http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=106
There are a handfull of pros on down. Lot's of good info and fun if you have a
thick skin.
I'm the probably the slowest, fattest Master type here. I'm also a motor
official and involved in lot's of kids racing stuff.
Bill C

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:05:13 +0000, steve wrote:

> I see a lot of talk about the "July Posters", and right now that is me.
>
> What do you guys discuss generally?

TDF all year round.(a brief pause while the Giro and Vuelta are on).

Up until Christmas it is the debate of whether Jan would have won if he
had gone a bit harder on stage X, and whether LA was a worthy winner for
the last 5/6 years.
After Christmas it is "who will win this years tour?"
Usually centred around 'Jan will kick LA's butt this year' 'LA is past it'
'LA is going to go for 10' etc etc.
Alan.

http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.

> >From: "Sonarrat" [email protected]n..

> >Pretty much what you see. Training, local racing? Not really. It's

just
> >like
> >what you see between us, speculations and analysis of races at the pro
> >level..
> >as well as assorted trollings.
> >

> <snipped>
> >
> >-Sonarrat.
> >

> We do get around to just about everything eventually. Not a lot on

training
> except what you've seen, or when someone decides to take on Andy Coggan

our
> resident expert.
> You'll see him listed a few times here:
> http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=106
> There are a handfull of pros on down. Lot's of good info and fun if you

have a
> thick skin.
> I'm the probably the slowest, fattest Master type here. I'm also a motor
> official and involved in lot's of kids racing stuff.
> Bill C

Seems like Carl has the vortex knowledge of everything. Then Andy the
doctor, and Benjo the resident historian. After that mis-mash of everything
related to racing by at least 10 really smart guys, then probably another 30
or more fairly smart guys, all the way down to the krill, which I got caught
up in. I'm working my way free! :)

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I see a lot of talk about the "July Posters", and right now that is me.
>
> What do you guys discuss generally? Pro races? Training? Local racing?
> Tactics?
>
> Are most of you guys racers? In the US?
>
> steve (AKA mr curious)

Oh jesus, just check the last 6 months worth of postings and see how
many arguments there are about george bush and michael moore. This is
RARELY a bike racing discussion group. At least in July people flame
and whine about racing instead of their religious beliefs.

>From: "Sierraman" [email protected]
>Date: 7/22/2004 4:07 PM Eastern

> all the way down to the krill, which I got caught
>up in. I'm working my way free! :)

And RC is self explanatory, and Brian is unexplainable?
Bill C

On 22-Jul-2004, [email protected] (Patrick) wrote:

> Oh jesus, just check the last 6 months worth of postings and see how
> many arguments there are about george bush and michael moore. This is
> RARELY a bike racing discussion group. At least in July people flame
> and whine about racing instead of their religious beliefs.

Any helmet crusaders? You know, guys who think anyone who rides without a
helmet is a committing a crime against nature?

steve
--
"A man was severely injured today in the Knutsford area."

Benny Hill

>From: "steve" [email protected]
>Date: 7/22/2004 6:05 PM Eastern

>Any helmet crusaders? You know, guys who think anyone who rides without a
>helmet is a committing a crime against nature?
>
>steve

You REALLY don't want to go there. Be warned and google the current helmet
thread. IMHO it's a great thread 'cause it keeps it contained and we can all
ignore it.
Bill C

> >From: "Sierraman" [email protected]
> >Date: 7/22/2004 4:07 PM Eastern

> > all the way down to the krill, which I got caught
> >up in. I'm working my way free! :)

> And RC is self explanatory, and Brian is unexplainable?
> Bill C

Brian provides excellent material for the krill!

Does a bear **** in the woods?

steve <[email protected]> wrote:
> I see a lot of talk about the "July Posters", and right now that is me.

> What do you guys discuss generally? Pro races? Training? Local racing?
> Tactics?

Yes.

Actually rbr spends much of the time talking about what flavor
of Cytomax is the least disgusting, arguing with Kunich, and
waiting for some newbie to ask a question about racing so
that we can flame them with helpful training advice. But the
real heart and soul of rbr is of course Fattie Masters racing.

> Are most of you guys racers? In the US?

It's a mix of has-beens with a contingent of never-wases and some
actual racers that don't have enough sense to stay away. And a
few Europeans to throw pumps in our spokes when we get out of line.

On 22-Jul-2004, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

> >Any helmet crusaders? You know, guys who think anyone who rides without
> >helmet is a committing a crime against nature?
> >
> >steve

> You REALLY don't want to go there. Be warned and google the current
> helmet
> thread. IMHO it's a great thread 'cause it keeps it contained and we can
> all
> ignore it.

I experienced that odd cultural phenomenon in a recreational bike NG a
couple years back and had a good laugh (until I cried). I just cant
understand how anyone can be so invested in the personal choice of others.
I would never race (not that I race anymore) without a helmet, but I ride
without one just about all the time, and people actually yell at me from
passing cars (more so in the suburbs than rural areas...I guess the country
folk are more inclined to live and let live). It's just the damnedest
thing.

steve
--
"A man was severely injured today in the Knutsford area."

Benny Hill

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I see a lot of talk about the "July Posters", and right now that is me.
>
> What do you guys discuss generally? Pro races? Training? Local racing?
> Tactics?

Make fun of Lafferty (and Ralph Nader).

> Are most of you guys racers? In the US?
>
> steve (AKA mr curious)
> --
> "A man was severely injured today in the Knutsford area."
>
> Benny Hill

>I see a lot of talk about the "July Posters", and right now that is me.
>What do you guys discuss generally? Pro races? Training? Local racing?
>Tactics?
>Are most of you guys racers? In the US?

How fat Jan will get over the winter? Is lance doping? Those two discussions
cover 85% of the posts. :)
-----------------
Alex

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> steve wrote:
> > What do you guys discuss generally?

> Mostly stuff like:
>
> 1. "Hey, 'member that guy who thought Ullrich should've used different
> wheels?"
> 2. Dat de wesp in de binnenband steekt
> 3. http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp/fat-vote.png
> 4. http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2001/sep01/trackworlds/MGlance1.shtml
> 5. How Bruce is always trying to get three women to post consecutively.

5 women at least, you forget Cathy and Sus.

steve wrote:

> I just cant understand how anyone can be
> so invested in the personal choice of others.

You're not voting Democrat this fall?