Question for us no hair guy's

kmaultsby

Jul 29, 2006
The other day I ran into a fellow rider and he had asked me a very good question. He asks what I use under my helmet to block the sun to keep from leaving sun burn marks on his head. He had a shaved head like me. What recommendations you have for us no hair guys to go under are helmets? :)

kmaultsby said:
The other day I ran into a fellow rider and he had asked me a very good question. He asks what I use under my helmet to block the sun to keep from leaving sun burn marks on his head. He had a shaved head like me. What recommendations you have for us no hair guys to go under are helmets? :)
Do-Rag. It absorbs the sweat and also prevents burning of the scalp.

I use the CoolMax (classic or shorty) versions of Headsweats ( http://www.headsweats.com ). Really just a glorified do-rag, but I find that they do a bit better job of wicking the sweat and keeping it out of my eyes than cotton. I usually try to pick up a couple when I see them at good sale prices (like 50%) at Nashbar, Performance, Cambria etc.

Bald spot? No, that's not a bald spot, I just like to shave that one place on the top of my head, really!:p

Some of us fellows like to keep our hair pretty short and we can get sunburnt scalps as well....I suppose I could use a bandana under the helmet, but in the heat, I need airflow !! may give it a try this summer (only 3 months to go!!)

kmaultsby said:
Sunscreen.

roshea said:
Sunscreen.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:
I tried that once and imagine my agony as sweat & sunscreen ran into my eyes.....
If you think sweat by itself is bad, just add sunscreen to it.
I use a cycling bandana, keeps sweat out of eyes & off glasses & I do not get any sunburn anylonger thru helmet holes.