Question for Zaskar?

Doctor Morbius

Mar 15, 2004
Zaskar, I seem to recall a thread last year where your coach was having you do a lot of Tempo work and you stated that you were having one of your best seasons so far.

If my memory is accurate and that was you, would you care to state how much Tempo work you were doing in relation to Intervals and Active Recovery?

If my memory is failing and that wasn't you, please disregard. :eek:

The reason I ask is because I seem to be able to handle Tempo (and below) without running myself down too much. But throw in some Intervals and I have to be really careful about over doing it. If this helps I define Tempo the same as Ric, which is a steady pace one can handle for 2 to 3 hours. That's roughly 80% (give or take) of MaxHR in my particular case.

Doctor Morbius said:
Zaskar, I seem to recall a thread last year where your coach was having you do a lot of Tempo work and you stated that you were having one of your best seasons so far.

If my memory is accurate and that was you, would you care to state how much Tempo work you were doing in relation to Intervals and Active Recovery?

If my memory is failing and that wasn't you, please disregard. :eek:

The reason I ask is because I seem to be able to handle Tempo (and below) without running myself down too much. But throw in some Intervals and I have to be really careful about over doing it. If this helps I define Tempo the same as Ric, which is a steady pace one can handle for 2 to 3 hours. That's roughly 80% (give or take) of MaxHR in my particular case.

Sorry i just seen your post. i don't remember saying that, but yea looking back i was doing more tempo then anything else. about 60% - 70% was tempo and zone 1-2

I found i got run down easy also doing L4 workouts at the high end. i now do double the volume at the low end and it is working out good so far. if you would like some examples of the workouts he was giving me PM me.