Hello all: i'm a little bit confused, how many minutes and how many days a week should I train on my stationary bike? The only equipment i have right now available to bikeride is a stationary exercise bicycle, so I would like to know a sensible routine so i can use it as smart as possible, one routine that is not too exhausting nor too light so i can lose weight and at the same time not feel too overtrained.
Hello all: i'm a little bit confused, how many minutes and how many days a week should I train on my stationary bike? The only equipment i have right now available to bikeride is a stationary exercise bicycle, so I would like to know a sensible routine so i can use it as smart as possible, one routine that is not too exhausting nor too light so i can lose weight and at the same time not feel too overtrained.
Thanx all, i would appreciate your comments
worldgod
If you are new to cycling I would start with a 45 minute ride 3 days a week, not riding on consecutive days until your muscles and rear end are familiar with the positions and exercise. I would also look into some basic push-ups, sit-ups and other core building on a couple of the off-bike days. After the initial 2 weeks of prep work you might try upping the duration about 10% a week and add another day of riding after about 2-3 weeks of this. This slow building will lessen the chance of injury and keep the aches and pains to a minimum while you are starting out. Start each workout with a good 10-15 minutes of easy spinning, warming up the muscles. You should also finish the ride off with 10 minutes of soft pedalling. In between work on getting your cadence (pedal speed) up to a relatively high level. 90 rpms is a good goal. Eventually you should be able to hold that cadence for the entire ride over most terrain. Hope this gets you started on the right foot. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions at all. Dave www.everybodysbikecoach.com