Question on Bontrager Race X-Lites

lohsnest

Oct 10, 2004
Anybody out there riding on Bontrager Race X-Lites? My LBS has a pair of these clinchers for $570. The regular retail I believe is $800. I am considering these rims for my second pair, specifically for racing/training. I currently ride a nice pair of Alex rims, but they are more for training only.

If there is anyone out there that currently rides on these rims, I'm looking for your feedback, positive or negative. I'm trying to stay within the approximate price range of $500 - $700 a pair. Thanks!

I've had or ridden extensively the Race X-lites and and also the following:

Bonty Race Lites
Bonty Race X-Lite Aeros
Rolf Prima Vigors
American Classic 350

They are a good solid wheelset in the 1500 gram range. And $570 is a good price for a new set.

55/Rad

Thanks for the feedback....how about the Rolf Primas? I've heard about them but not too much.

55/Rad said:
I've had or ridden extensively the Race X-lites and and also the following:

Bonty Race Lites
Bonty Race X-Lite Aeros
Rolf Prima Vigors
American Classic 350

They are a good solid wheelset in the 1500 gram range. And $570 is a good price for a new set.

55/Rad

Rolf Primas are direct descendants of the Bonty line, which are descendants to the original Rolf line. It's a long story but Rolf Dietrich at one time was under contract to Trek, then ventured out on his own again.

The Vigors and the Elan sets are lighter in weight than the X-Lites and it's unlikely you can get either new for under $600. There are a couple new models in the line that are less expensive that appear to pretty good.

www.rolfprima.com

55/Rad