Question on campy cassettes (10s)

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by trg, Jul 10, 2004.

  1. trg

    trg Guest

    How can you tell if a campy cog is from Record, Chorus, or Veloce (other
    than the titanium ones).

    Also, how do you know what spacer you have other than measuring with a
    caliper? I don't see any writing. And how do you know which way they go?
    They are not all symetrical.

    Anyone have a list (site) of all combinations of cogs and spacers that are
    workable? I've seen a link to site before, but I can't find it now.

    Thanks,

    -trg

    Tags:

  2. trg wrote:
    > How can you tell if a campy cog is from Record, Chorus, or Veloce (other
    > than the titanium ones).
    >
    > Also, how do you know what spacer you have other than measuring with a
    > caliper? I don't see any writing. And how do you know which way they go?
    > They are not all symetrical.
    >
    > Anyone have a list (site) of all combinations of cogs and spacers that are
    > workable? I've seen a link to site before, but I can't find it now.

    Most of the information you seek is available in the spare
    parts catalog on the Campagnolo web site:

    http://www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares04_B.pdf
    http://www.campagnolo.com/techinfo.php?did=c
    http://www.campagnolo.com/home.php

    Record 10spd cassettes are distinguishable by their titanium
    sprockets - the standard Record cassette has the largest 4
    sprockets in titanium, and Record Ti is all titanium sprockets.

    Chorus 10spd cassettes have all steel sprockets, and the
    largest 4 or 6 sprockets are riveted to aluminum carriers.

    Centour 10spd cassettes have only the largest 2 sprockets on
    an aluminum carrier.

    Veloce 10spd cassettes have all loose sprockets, with no
    carriers.

    Mark McMaster
    [email protected]