Question on Congestive Heart Disease

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by [email protected], Aug 7, 2003.

  1. What are the most common early signs of congestive heart
    problems?

    Tags:

  2. Bill

    Bill Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > What are the most common early signs of congestive heart
    > problems?

    First, I assume you mean in a non-clinical setting - there are blood tests and
    other tests that can be done. Some of the signs are shortness of breath,
    dizziness, and accumulating water - e.g. swelling of the ankles. I'm sure
    others who are more informed can add to this.

    Bill (not a Dr.)

  3. Julianne

    Julianne Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > What are the most common early signs of congestive heart
    > problems?

    Why would you ask? It is not the work of a diagnostic guru to diagnose. If
    you suspect you have problems, a doc could probably confirm your suspicions
    in a short period of time.

    Most folks with CHF fatigue easily. Ankles and extremities may swell. As
    CHF worsens, shortness of breath with minimal exertion becomes apparent.
    The easiest way to monitor CHF is to weigh daily. Depending on base weight,
    a CHFer is unlikely to tolerate weight gains of 3 - 5 pounds of fluid.

    The thing is that heart failure is usually a symptom related to an
    underlying cause. Folks who sustained major heart damage are prone to CHF,
    as are those with cardiomyopathies.

    Why not got to a doc? Even if a newsgroup can tell you what the signs and
    symptoms of CHF are, it would be unlikely that the underlying cause could be
    determined.