Question on getting a Bianchi Via Nirone (fitting).

dpr

Feb 12, 2007
Hi all, I am on the verge of getting a Bianchi Via Nirone from a LBS here in Devon, England. I have worked out a great deal on all the accessories which will save me a lot and I am satisfied that I will receive good service from this shop for the duration of my custom there. It will be an Ultrega/105 mix with FSA cranks and they are giving me a wheel upgrade for free! Mavic Open Pro something or other rims, DT spokes and a hub I don't remember the name of. :rolleyes:

I am waiting for them to locate and have imported for me, the frame size in the colour I want (impression of what it will look like). Here arises my fitting related question. After sitting on a 57cm frame and while stationary, holding the hoods, I was told that because I can partially see the front wheel hub on the inside of the handlebars (ie. nearest me), a 55cm would be better. The stem was 120mm I think. I am sorry I can't be more sure on that.

I am 5"10, my trousers inseam is ussually 31 (33 is a little long, 32 would be perfect). From reading the recent threads I have found on fitting, I believe I learnt that my true inseam (end of my foot to the pelvic bone) is likely trouser inseam + 2. The fit all seems right and when it arrives, I will of course go for an extended test ride to be sure.

Has any one any thoughts on the specificalities of fitting on a Bianchi?

This will be my first modern road bike and I am still learning alot so please humour and educate me if I have any misconceptions on this.

Hi DPR,

your bike sounds nice - according to my calculations you are about 175cm with an inseam of around 80cm (I might be a little off though). But, yes I would say the 55cm, maybe even a 53cm????

janiejones i think your on to it... i'm 177cm and i was riding a 55cm 928luna, and that was the perfect size, so i would say the 55 is going to suit you just fine..

dpr said:
Mavic Open Pro something or other rims, DT spokes and a hub I don't remember the name of. :rolleyes:
the most important piece :D

if you have those dimensions, 54 aluminium would be best

My size is being shipped to my LBS next Friday. I don't know how I am going to entertain myself and keep from wearing out the carpet pacing in anticipation!