question on Giant compact frames

Status

Billx

Guest
I usually ride a 57-58cm frame however my understanding is that Giant's "large" frame is only 54 cm.
Can anyone explain the difference and how a shorter frame fits a taller rider?

Ken

Guest
"BillX" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]
d02.news.aol.com:

> I usually ride a 57-58cm frame however my understanding is that Giant's "large" frame is only 54
> cm. Can anyone explain the difference and how a shorter frame fits a taller rider?

Compact frames don't use normal geometry, so you can't directly compare tube lengths with normal
geometry bicycles. Many manufacturers list "virtual" seat tube and top tube measurements so you can
compare. If yours does not, just take a test ride and buy what feels comfortable. If your dealer
won't let you take a ride, shop elsewhere.

Ken

Meccanico Di Bi

Guest
"BillX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I usually ride a 57-58cm frame however my understanding is that Giant's "large" frame is only 54
> cm. Can anyone explain the difference and how a shorter frame fits a taller rider?

With a silly looking looooong seat post. --Jim

Michael Macclan

Guest
Meccanico di Bici wrote:
> "BillX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> I usually ride a 57-58cm frame however my understanding is that Giant's "large" frame is only 54
>> cm. Can anyone explain the difference and how a shorter frame fits a taller rider?
>
> With a silly looking looooong seat post. --Jim

I like mine. I think it looks cool.
--
Michael MacClancy

Status