question on Giant compact frames

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Billx, Feb 19, 2003.

  1. Billx

    Billx Guest

    I usually ride a 57-58cm frame however my understanding is that Giant's "large" frame is only 54 cm.
    Can anyone explain the difference and how a shorter frame fits a taller rider?

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "BillX" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]
    d02.news.aol.com:

    > I usually ride a 57-58cm frame however my understanding is that Giant's "large" frame is only 54
    > cm. Can anyone explain the difference and how a shorter frame fits a taller rider?

    Compact frames don't use normal geometry, so you can't directly compare tube lengths with normal
    geometry bicycles. Many manufacturers list "virtual" seat tube and top tube measurements so you can
    compare. If yours does not, just take a test ride and buy what feels comfortable. If your dealer
    won't let you take a ride, shop elsewhere.

    Ken

  3. Paul J Pharr

    Paul J Pharr Guest

  4. "BillX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I usually ride a 57-58cm frame however my understanding is that Giant's "large" frame is only 54
    > cm. Can anyone explain the difference and how a shorter frame fits a taller rider?

    With a silly looking looooong seat post. --Jim

  5. Meccanico di Bici wrote:
    > "BillX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> I usually ride a 57-58cm frame however my understanding is that Giant's "large" frame is only 54
    >> cm. Can anyone explain the difference and how a shorter frame fits a taller rider?
    >
    > With a silly looking looooong seat post. --Jim

    I like mine. I think it looks cool.
    --
    Michael MacClancy