Question on roller trainer

novetan

Sep 1, 2012
I wanted to buy a roller trainer on line (see sketch) but the shop can’t reply to some of my queries. And none of the shops around me carry. To those that have can I ask:
1) What’s the material for the frame? Aluminium, steel or others?
2) What’s the material for the roller? Aluminium, steel, or some kind of tough plastic such as Teflon, or others? The pic seems the latter material but I have seen some are shinning type appears to be aluminium. 3) Lastly, what’s the cable material

Thank you so much.

Can you at least tell us the brand and perhaps model of roller in the photo?

Buest guess:

Steel frame, PVC (plastic) rollers based on appearance.

-Dave

Originally Posted by daveryanwyoming .

Can you at least tell us the brand and perhaps model of roller in the photo?

Buest guess:

Steel frame, PVC (plastic) rollers based on appearance.

-Dave
I have a few sources to consider. Some brands considering are Evolution, Elite E-Motion or Elite Arion, Unfortunately none of the shops replies.

The roller pictured appears to have a steel frame. All the drive belts are an elastomer...large rubber band.

Consider Kreitler rollers. They are well made and have good product support.

Originally Posted by novetan .

I have a few sources to consider. Some brands considering are Evolution, Elite E-Motion or Elite Arion, Unfortunately none of the shops replies.
I'd strongly recommend the e-motion rollers. I've owned several different brands over the years, but the e-motion rollers have been a much better investment. I can ride them continuously for hours, can stand to rest, stretch muscles or sprint, can adjust the resistance unit for hard or easy workouts and overall get a lot more use out of them than other rollers I've owned. They're pretty expensive, but worth it.

-Dave