Here is what I ordered from Amazon (haven't received any of it yet):

SRAM MRX Comp Grip Shifter, 7 Speed, Set
Shimano RD-CT95 Altus Rear Derailleur, 7/8 Speed, Smart Cage, Black
Shimano Alivio Rear Derailleur, 8 speed

Can someone say if the shifter will work with any of the two
derailers?

Thanks,
Slava.

On 2007-08-29, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

> I would like to replace the shifters and the derailer and I rushed to
> buy the stuff without consulting first. I ordered two different
> derailers just in case :).
> Here is what I ordered from Amazon (haven't received any of it yet):
>
> SRAM MRX Comp Grip Shifter, 7 Speed, Set
> Shimano RD-CT95 Altus Rear Derailleur, 7/8 Speed, Smart Cage, Black
> Shimano Alivio Rear Derailleur, 8 speed
>
> Can someone say if the shifter will work with any of the two
> derailers?

Unless the shifter is labeled "ESP" or "1:1", it will work with either
derailleur.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I bought a used '99 Trek 240 bicycle for my son and I'm trying to
> modernize it. It has an old shimano sis derailer, a 7 speed 12-28T
> cassete and 24-34-42T crank set.
>
> I would like to replace the shifters and the derailer and I rushed to
> buy the stuff without consulting first. I ordered two different
> derailers just in case :).
> Here is what I ordered from Amazon (haven't received any of it yet):
>
> SRAM MRX Comp Grip Shifter, 7 Speed, Set
> Shimano RD-CT95 Altus Rear Derailleur, 7/8 Speed, Smart Cage, Black
> Shimano Alivio Rear Derailleur, 8 speed
>
> Can someone say if the shifter will work with any of the two
> derailers?
>
> Thanks,
> Slava.

It will work.

On Aug 29, 3:58 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > Hi,

> > I bought a used '99 Trek 240 bicycle for my son and I'm trying to
> > modernize it. It has an old shimano sis derailer, a 7 speed 12-28T
> > cassete and 24-34-42T crank set.

> > I would like to replace the shifters and the derailer and I rushed to
> > buy the stuff without consulting first. I ordered two different
> > derailers just in case :).
> > Here is what I ordered from Amazon (haven't received any of it yet):

> > SRAM MRX Comp Grip Shifter, 7 Speed, Set
> > Shimano RD-CT95 Altus Rear Derailleur, 7/8 Speed, Smart Cage, Black
> > Shimano Alivio Rear Derailleur, 8 speed

> > Can someone say if the shifter will work with any of the two
> > derailers?

> > Thanks,
> > Slava.

> It will work.

Thanks!

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:02:18 -0000, [email protected] wrote:

>Can someone say if the shifter will work with any of the two
>derailers?

As a number of people have already said, you can use that particular
S-Ram shifter as it is rated "Shimano compatible".

Further information for the shifter and installation instructions are
also available on the S-Ram site:-

http://www.sram.com/en/srammountain/compatibleshifters/mrx/comptwistshifter.php

Although the printed instructions that S-Ram supply with their
products are pretty good.

I am using S-Ram "Attack" shifters with my Shimano gears without any
problems.

Agzee