Question

jrstudman81

Banned
Aug 18, 2011
I see that you can get the BMC racemachine rm01 for about 4,000.00 with standard components at some websites is this true? How much would it be at a dealer lets say with standard components and can you get it in the United states? For example, standard apex brakes, standard shifters, etc.. nothing fancy. I mean will better components with this bike make it a better ride or can you stick with the standard components? Like at competitive cyclist.com, I don't know if this is a legitimate shopping site???? you have the option of changing and upgrading the components to higher quality components, examples, the brake calipers, cassettes, chains, cranks, front derailleurs, shift/brake levers, pedals, rear derailleurs, tires, wheels, computers??? How much of this do you need to upgrade on the bike and what is the best? You probably could spend upwards of 50,000 dollars or more on the bike if you got the best of every component on my list, am I right? but thats only for professional riders right? I wouldn't see much of a difference?? I would think the crank, pedals, and brake/shifters our the most important along with tires and wheels?? WHat do they mean by computers?? do they mean like electronic speedometers? any help would be appreciated. I did the math you could spend 16,000 dollars for top components on that bike including electronics, lol Do the high quality components make the bike lighter and faster or one or the other or both? I saw with all the high quality components that the bike dropped from 15 ibs to 13 ibs is this possible?

Joe.

Originally Posted by jrstudman81 .

I see that you can get the BMC racemachine rm01 for about 4,000.00 with standard components at some websites is this true? Don't know. How much would it be at a dealer lets say with standard components and can you get it in the United states? Don't know. For example, standard apex brakes, standard shifters, etc.. nothing fancy. I mean will better components with this bike make it a better ride or can you stick with the standard components? Better=better. Like at competitive cyclist.com, I don't know if this is a legitimate shopping site???? It is legitimate. you have the option of changing and upgrading the components to higher quality components, examples, the brake calipers, cassettes, chains, cranks, front derailleurs, shift/brake levers, pedals, rear derailleurs, tires, wheels, computers??? Yes, you do. How much of this do you need to upgrade on the bike and what is the best? I don't need to upgrade, and best=most expensive. You probably could spend upwards of 50,000 dollars or more on the bike if you got the best of every component on my list, am I right? Probably not. but thats only for professional riders right? No. I wouldn't see much of a difference?? Don't know. I would think the crank, pedals, and brake/shifters our the most important along with tires and wheels?? OK. WHat do they mean by computers?? Odometer, speedometer, clock, timer, altimeter, GPS, etc. do they mean like electronic speedometers? Yes and more. any help would be appreciated. I did the math you could spend 16,000 dollars for top components on that bike including electronics, lol Do the high quality components make the bike lighter and faster or one or the other or both? Both. I saw with all the high quality components that the bike dropped from 15 ibs to 13 ibs is this possible? Yes.

Joe.

forget you then. that's not an answer, of course you can buy BMC in the US! and how much faster is the bike going to be for a beginner with top of the line components, will the bike suit me at 4-5,000dolllars? it starts at 4,000 dollars at competitivecyclists.com

Dude, this is a forum, not a freaking chat line. You post your question and then you wait for an answer. Someone will reply in time if they know the answer. It is not instantaneous. I am about to forget you then. Scotty Dog. a respected and helpful member of this forum, tried to give you an honest answer. You are complaining because no one answers you and then you diss them when they do. BMC is a good brand but is not that well known. There are very few BMC experts around. Hence, I suggest that you contact your local BMC dealer and ask him your questions.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and reluctantly answered all of your questions. Seems my first instinct to ignore your dumb ass was more appropriate. Lesson learned.

Joe - BMC is sold in the USA by well regarded dealers. However, be careful that you only buy from those that don't discount because there is a special tariff imposed on the BMC brand and if you don't pay the tariff, the speed governor on the bike is not unlocked. You wouldn't want to to buy a BMC and not get the full speedmachiine effect. ;)

what, speed tariff??? on a bike? Does competitivecyclist.com discount bmc speedmachine or is the 4,000 dollar price tag an regular priced bike? Those aren't speed tariffed our they?

Originally Posted by sitzmark .

Joe - BMC is sold in the USA by well regarded dealers. However, be careful that you only buy from those that don't discount because there is a special tariff imposed on the BMC brand and if you don't pay the tariff, the speed governor on the bike is not unlocked.

You wouldn't want to to buy a BMC and not get the full speedmachiine effect. /img/vbsmilies/smilies//wink.gif
Sitzmark, I can't read the OP's comment as I have him blocked, but if I remember correctly, wasn't the tariff imposed in order to steer potential buyers to the BMC storefront dealers rather than going to discount shops and online internet stores?