questions about D'Amato's "blood type diet"

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Ted Shoemaker, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I have some basic questions about the "blood type diet", as taught in with the book "Eat Right For
    Your Type", by D'Amato.

    Trying to look up some info on the web, I found D'Amato's website -- but the page had some clunky
    Java and stopped loading. Bleahhh.

    So, can someone please tell me a few basics, such as:

    A 40-year-old woman in good health is considering this diet. Her blood type is B+. According to this
    diet, which foods and beverages should she eat? Which should she avoid? What else would she need to
    know? (For example, some diet plans make a point about what time of day to eat, how much water to
    drink, and lots of other things.)

    Thank you very much!

    Ted Shoemaker

    Tags:

  2. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    Ted Shoemaker <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I have some basic questions about the "blood type diet", as taught in with the book "Eat Right For
    > Your Type", by D'Amato.

    It's Peter D'Adamo, as I recall.

    His diet is not backed up by any science or research whatsoever. It's a load of bull. Plenty of
    animals have more than one bloodtype, yet eat the same diet.

    Where it not for the fact that Type O is the majority bloodtype in the US, and he recommends
    lowcarbing (which works anyway) for type O, his book would have been forgotten on the trash heap
    years ago.

    --
    jamie ([email protected])

    "There's a seeker born every minute."

  3. Fuhgeddaboudit. If you're not exercising, get a stress test and start exercising. Keep a food diary
    for at least a month, and then start substituting high fiber low fat food for the high fat things
    you eat. Repeat indefinitely to be healthy.

    Ted Shoemaker wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have some basic questions about the "blood type diet", as taught in with the book "Eat Right For
    > Your Type", by D'Amato.

  4. Dally

    Dally Guest

    Ted Shoemaker wrote:

    > I have some basic questions about the "blood type diet", as taught in with the book "Eat Right For
    > Your Type", by D'Amato.

    It's total unadulterated bullshit, made palatable only to sell books.

    > So, can someone please tell me a few basics, such as:
    >
    > A 40-year-old woman in good health is considering this diet. Her blood type is B+. According to
    > this diet, which foods and beverages should she eat? Which should she avoid?

    She should eat high fiber carbs, lean proteins, healthy fats from nuts, seeds and fish, and avoid
    refined flour products, refined sugar, and saturated fats. She should drink plenty of water and
    green tea.

    > What else would she need to know? (For example, some diet plans make a point about what time of
    > day to eat, how much water to drink, and lots of other things.)

    She should eat often enough to feel sated all the time. A diet that makes you go hungry needs more
    work. She should eat less than she burns and she should burn more than she eats. The secret lies in
    a four-part formula:

    1. Eat less
    2. Exercise more
    3. Repeat
    4. Forever.

    Dally
    4/1/170

  5. On 26 Feb 2004 09:51:32 -0800, [email protected] (Ted Shoemaker)
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have some basic questions about the "blood type diet", as taught in with the book "Eat Right For
    >Your Type", by D'Amato.

    Al D"Amato used to live next door to me. Trust me, he's never written a book <G>.

    Barbara Hirsch, Publisher OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS The latest in obesity research and weight
    loss drug development http://www.obesity-news.com/

  6. In article <[email protected]>, Dally wrote:
    > Dally
    > 244/181/170

    good weight loss progress.

  7. Dally

    Dally Guest

    Ignoramus24603 wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Dally wrote:
    >
    >>Dally
    >>244/181/170
    >
    > good weight loss progress.

    Thanks. And I didn't get it by following a "blood type diet". In fact, I didn't "follow" any diet. I
    learned how to eat best for my particular body. Reading The Zone Diet stuff by Barry Sears was
    helpful, as was Body for Life by Bill Phillips and "Fattitudes" by Willert and a bunch of stuff
    about the glycemic index of food. And, of course, http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html is always a
    great place to learn how to eat and exercise.

    Dally

  8. Everyone's objections and criticisms to this diet are noted. Thank you for your opinions.

    Now, I'll ask the original question again.

    Suppose a woman whose blood type is B+ decides to try this diet. Which foods does this diet tell her
    to eat, and which to avoid?

    Thank you very much,

    Ted Shoemaker

  9. Bew

    Bew Guest

    Ted I cannot answer your question as I do not know . However I had to laugh at how your simple
    straight forward question was discarded , so people could push their own little agendas and opinions
    onto you . Obviously they didn't think you would be smart enough to arrive at your question after
    checking out all the sort of stuff they were throwing at you . I was wondering when you would put
    them back in their places . Good luck I hope someone comes along who can read and comprehend English
    and answer your question without treating you to a heap of unwanted bullshit advice . Bew

    "Ted Shoemaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Everyone's objections and criticisms to this diet are noted. Thank you for your opinions.
    >
    > Now, I'll ask the original question again.
    >
    > Suppose a woman whose blood type is B+ decides to try this diet. Which foods does this diet tell
    > her to eat, and which to avoid?
    >
    > Thank you very much,
    >
    > Ted Shoemaker

    ---

    Release Date: 18/02/2004

  10. Determined

    Determined Guest

    "Ted Shoemaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Everyone's objections and criticisms to this diet are noted. Thank you for your opinions.
    >
    > Now, I'll ask the original question again.
    >
    > Suppose a woman whose blood type is B+ decides to try this diet. Which foods does this diet tell
    > her to eat, and which to avoid?

    Um, that's up to you to figure out. Obviously we've made it plain that this is not a diet or theory
    that we follow or agree with. Personally, my opinion is that it is CRAP science, like all the other
    diets that have a name/logo or cost $. However, If you insist that it is of value to you, then YOU
    do the research, buy the book, and figure it out. The truth is, there is no "science" or special
    magical key to unlock the mystery door of losing weight. It all boils down to "eat less, exercise
    more". But of course, that is free, and only requires effort, diligence, and determination. Not what
    you wanted to hear either, I don't imagine.

  11. In article <bc584b4d.0402271237.1f3c5371[email protected]>, Ted Shoemaker wrote:
    > Everyone's objections and criticisms to this diet are noted. Thank you for your opinions.
    >
    > Now, I'll ask the original question again.
    >
    > Suppose a woman whose blood type is B+ decides to try this diet. Which foods does this diet tell
    > her to eat, and which to avoid?

    http://www.doctorbannock.com/BloodType.htm

    ### TYPE B's Balanced Blood Type
    ###
    ### Evolved sometime between 15,000 and 10,000 B.C. and are a combination of A and O. This blood
    ### type emerged as a result of the migration of the races from the African homeland to Europe,
    ### Asia, and the Americas and may of mutated due to climactic changes. B's diet is a combination of
    ### A's and O's
    ###
    ### * You should have the most varied diet of all the blood types, including meat. This is the
    ### only blood type that does well with dairy products.
    ### * Engage in exercise such as moderate swimming or walking.
    ### * Your risk factors for slow-growing viruses that attack the nervous system increases if you
    ### eat incorrectly.
    ###

    That's an excellent diet plan, if it is combined with limiting calories.

    Here's my suggestion: she should follow this diet, count calories, eat at 80% of her maintenance
    level (no less), and exercise a lot, say, for example, walk 100 minutes per day.

    I followed exactly the above diet, except that I eschewed all candy and junk foods and all sweetened
    food, and lowered my carbs, and exercised just like the diet plan above suggested.

    I lost 47 lbs in 100 days, which may be too fast, but hey it worked.

  12. Dally

    Dally Guest

    Ted Shoemaker wrote:

    > Everyone's objections and criticisms to this diet are noted. Thank you for your opinions.
    >
    > Now, I'll ask the original question again.
    >
    > Suppose a woman whose blood type is B+ decides to try this diet. Which foods does this diet tell
    > her to eat, and which to avoid?
    >
    > Thank you very much,
    >
    > Ted Shoemaker

    And I'll give you the same answer. I snipped it word for word:

  13. Dally <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > > She should eat high fiber carbs, lean proteins, healthy fats from nuts, seeds and fish, and
    > > avoid refined flour products, refined sugar, and saturated fats. She should drink plenty of
    > > water and green tea.
    . . . .
    > > 1. Eat less
    > > 2. Exercise more
    > > 3. Repeat
    > > 4. Forever.

    My apologies. Lots of diets say this sort of thing, and I didn't recognize your advice as uniquely
    part of the blood-type diet.

    Ted Shoemaker

  14. Jayjay

    Jayjay Guest

    On 28 Feb 2004 07:07:13 -0800, [email protected] (Ted Shoemaker)
    wrote:

    >Dally <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >> > She should eat high fiber carbs, lean proteins, healthy fats from nuts, seeds and fish, and
    >> > avoid refined flour products, refined sugar, and saturated fats. She should drink plenty of
    >> > water and green tea.
    >. . . .
    >> > 1. Eat less
    >> > 2. Exercise more
    >> > 3. Repeat
    >> > 4. Forever.
    >
    >My apologies. Lots of diets say this sort of thing, and I didn't recognize your advice as uniquely
    >part of the blood-type diet.
    >
    >Ted Shoemaker

    If the blood type died is what you are looking for. GO BUY THE BOOK. and READ IT Make your
    own choices.

    Its obvious from the other replies that the groups you are asking advice from do not have the
    answers you are looking for.

    With that being said. It doesn't matter what textbook or sales gimmick diet you follow, the basic
    principle to weight loss is: Consume fewer calories than your body expends and you lose weight.
    Consume excess calories than your body expends and you gain weight.

    So, combine restricted intake with increased expenditures and you will lose weight.

    In other words Eat less Exercise more repeat, forever

  15. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    The "Blood Type Diet" is not a weight loss technique but rather a health technique. weight loss can
    be a side effect sometimes.

  16. In article <[email protected]>, Jayjay wrote:

    >>. . . .
    >>
    >>My apologies. Lots of diets say this sort of thing, and I didn't recognize your advice as uniquely
    >>part of the blood-type diet.
    >>
    >>Ted Shoemaker
    >
    > If the blood type died is what you are looking for. GO BUY THE BOOK. and READ IT Make your own
    > choices.
    >
    > Its obvious from the other replies that the groups you are asking advice from do not have the
    > answers you are looking for.

    Why, I gave him the answer that he was looking for,m a diet for his blood type B+.

    > With that being said. It doesn't matter what textbook or sales gimmick diet you follow, the basic
    > principle to weight loss is: Consume fewer calories than your body expends and you lose weight.
    > Consume excess calories than your body expends and you gain weight.
    >
    > So, combine restricted intake with increased expenditures and you will lose weight.
    >
    > In other words Eat less Exercise more repeat, forever

  17. Dally

    Dally Guest

    Ted Shoemaker wrote:

    > Dally <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >

    >>>She should eat high fiber carbs, lean proteins, healthy fats from nuts, seeds and fish, and avoid
    >>>refined flour products, refined sugar, and saturated fats. She should drink plenty of water and
    >>>green tea.
    >
    > . . . .
    >
    >>>1. Eat less
    >>>2. Exercise more
    >>>3. Repeat
    >>>4. Forever.
    >

    > My apologies. Lots of diets say this sort of thing, and I didn't recognize your advice as uniquely
    > part of the blood-type diet.

    Save the apologies. I'm giving you the truth versus the bullshit. I read the book once, at least the
    0+ part, and know a bit about fat loss and recognized that any fat loss that resulted from these
    prohibitions was coincidental.

    So, in other words, if you want the bullshit go pay for it. I'm giving you the truth for free.

    Dally

  18. Atm

    Atm Guest

    Barbara Hirsch wrote:
    > On 26 Feb 2004 09:51:32 -0800, [email protected] (Ted Shoemaker) wrote:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I have some basic questions about the "blood type diet", as taught in with the book "Eat Right For
    >>Your Type", by D'Amato.
    >

    > Al D"Amato used to live next door to me. Trust me, he's never written a book <G>.

    I have a book written by Dr. James D'Adamo. Original title: One Man's Food ...

    Ref. © 1980 James L. D'Adamo and Allan Richards.

    This book is translate into castilian language with the title Su comida ¿Veneno o salud?
    "Alimentacion natural basada en los grupos sanguineos".