questions about Polar cs600 power

mortimer99

Jul 19, 2007
I tried to install it last night and had a couple of questions I am hoping you all can help out with.

1. After I installed the power compenents I tried to test it I didn't see any lights. Furthermore, I have no idea where lights would be on the thing. Is it on top of the paddle and looks like a line towards the cadence sensor?

2. I figured regardless of the lights I would try and pair it with the computer, but when I tried that, the computer said it couldn't find the sensor.

Any suggestions? I measured the cadence magnet (less than 2mm from the power meter) and the distance from the chain to the power sensor (on the big/big it was about 30 mm) when I was trying to get it to work, the chain was in the small/small gear and was rubbing on the sensor.

Any suggestions?

mortimer99 said:
I tried to install it last night and had a couple of questions I am hoping you all can help out with.

1. After I installed the power compenents I tried to test it I didn't see any lights. Furthermore, I have no idea where lights would be on the thing. Is it on top of the paddle and looks like a line towards the cadence sensor?

2. I figured regardless of the lights I would try and pair it with the computer, but when I tried that, the computer said it couldn't find the sensor.

Any suggestions? I measured the cadence magnet (less than 2mm from the power meter) and the distance from the chain to the power sensor (on the big/big it was about 30 mm) when I was trying to get it to work, the chain was in the small/small gear and was rubbing on the sensor.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like you did a good installation. The lights are on top of the power paddle and are very hard to see. Further, they only operate for about a minute, then shut down with continued turns of the crank. Try looking for the lights in a darkened room after the cranks have not been turned for a few minutes.

Check to make sure the batteries are inserted properly and are good and check to make sure all connections to the power paddle are correct and secure. Make sure that you have power selected on on the computer. If, after you do all this you still have no cadence or power info, call Polar. They'll probably tell you to send them the unit. Apparently there have been more than a few problems with power units behaving exactly as you describe. My first one did, but my second one seems to work fine.