Questions for couples about WWonline

Frood

Guest
My DH has just joined WWOnline. We are trying to work out the logistics of both of us journaling
with seperate journals. I have a bunch of dinner recipes that I have created in my database. I know
he could just type "stovies 4 pts" into the express journaling, but then he'd have to do it every
time we have stovies (or whatever the dish is). Is there a way to copy some of my database into his?

How do you other couples journaling? Do you keep completely separate journals, or combine
them somehow?

Right now, since his point budget is much higher than mine, we don't really have to worry about if
hte dinners I make are too high for him. But he did say he'd let me know if he happened to have a
big lunch, and needed something low point. Oh, and he's also taking the leftover stovies from dinner
tonight for his lunch tomorrow. He say's it'll be much better than the slice of bread and bag of
baked chips he had today. :)

I'm so thrilled that he has decided to join me. I have known he has wanted to lose weight for some
time. He has seen how well I have done, and how easy the program is to follow. I eat regular food,
for heaven's sake! So, he is taking the plunge for himself. I'm so proud of him.

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

I can't think of another way to do it except to enter them as favorite foods or recipes.

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

<>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

[email protected]

225/190/145

"frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My DH has just joined WWOnline. We are trying to work out the logistics of both of us journaling
> with seperate journals. I have a bunch of dinner recipes that I have created in my database. I
> know he could just type "stovies 4 pts" into the express journaling, but then he'd have to do it
> every time we have stovies (or whatever the dish is). Is there a way to
copy
> some of my database into his?
>
> How do you other couples journaling? Do you keep completely separate journals, or combine them
> somehow?
>
> Right now, since his point budget is much higher than mine, we don't
really
> have to worry about if hte dinners I make are too high for him. But he did say he'd let me know if
> he happened to have a big lunch, and needed something low point. Oh, and he's also taking the
> leftover stovies from dinner tonight for his lunch tomorrow. He say's it'll be much better than
> the slice of bread and bag of baked chips he had today. :)
>
> I'm so thrilled that he has decided to join me. I have known he has wanted to lose weight for some
> time. He has seen how well I have done, and how
easy
> the program is to follow. I eat regular food, for heaven's sake! So, he is taking the plunge for
> himself. I'm so proud of him.
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

Darn, now you'll have dreams of him taking you skiing (g)

Nice to have the company. Wish him luck or invite him here.

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:31:18 GMT, "frood" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My DH has just joined WWOnline. We are trying to work out the logistics of both of us journaling
>with seperate journals. I have a bunch of dinner recipes that I have created in my database. I
>know he could just type "stovies 4 pts" into the express journaling, but then he'd have to do it
>every time we have stovies (or whatever the dish is). Is there a way to copy some of my database
>into his?
>
>How do you other couples journaling? Do you keep completely separate journals, or combine
>them somehow?
>
>Right now, since his point budget is much higher than mine, we don't really have to worry about if
>hte dinners I make are too high for him. But he did say he'd let me know if he happened to have a
>big lunch, and needed something low point. Oh, and he's also taking the leftover stovies from
>dinner tonight for his lunch tomorrow. He say's it'll be much better than the slice of bread and
>bag of baked chips he had today. :)
>
>I'm so thrilled that he has decided to join me. I have known he has wanted to lose weight for some
>time. He has seen how well I have done, and how easy the program is to follow. I eat regular food,
>for heaven's sake! So, he is taking the plunge for himself. I'm so proud of him.

"frood" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...
> I'm so thrilled that he has decided to join me. I have known he has wanted to lose weight for some
> time. He has seen how well I have done, and how
easy
> the program is to follow. I eat regular food, for heaven's sake! So, he is taking the plunge for
> himself. I'm so proud of him.

I follow you. When I started WW four years ago in the US, my ex husband thought it was great, but
wasn't really motivated. After we split, he tried WW, but it really didn't fit his way of life.
Instead he dropped almost 30 lbs. on Atkins - I am proud of him as well for finally doing it.
Although we are no longer together, I am happy for him:eek:)

Wendy -

What the heck is a stovie? Enquiring minds want to know!

Glad DH is officially joining you - my Paul is semi-joining in, but isn't pointing things he eats at
the moment, but is happy to work out the points for me with my new database calculator that he
bought me (or does he just like playing with a new computerised toy?)

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

what a nice thing, I bet you are very proud of him, Lee
frood <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My DH has just joined WWOnline. We are trying to work out the logistics of both of us journaling
> with seperate journals. I have a bunch of dinner recipes that I have created in my database. I
> know he could just type "stovies 4 pts" into the express journaling, but then he'd have to do it
> every time we have stovies (or whatever the dish is). Is there a way to
copy
> some of my database into his?
>
> How do you other couples journaling? Do you keep completely separate journals, or combine them
> somehow?
>
> Right now, since his point budget is much higher than mine, we don't
really
> have to worry about if hte dinners I make are too high for him. But he did say he'd let me know if
> he happened to have a big lunch, and needed something low point. Oh, and he's also taking the
> leftover stovies from dinner tonight for his lunch tomorrow. He say's it'll be much better than
> the slice of bread and bag of baked chips he had today. :)
>
> I'm so thrilled that he has decided to join me. I have known he has wanted to lose weight for some
> time. He has seen how well I have done, and how
easy
> the program is to follow. I eat regular food, for heaven's sake! So, he is taking the plunge for
> himself. I'm so proud of him.
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

Hi, Wendy, It's good to read that your husband is joining you. It should make it easier for you to
follow the program. I can't help with the on line journaling.

--
Take Care Catherine
154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

"frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My DH has just joined WWOnline. We are trying to work out the logistics of both of us journaling
> with seperate journals. I have a bunch of dinner recipes that I have created in my database. I
> know he could just type "stovies 4 pts" into the express journaling, but then he'd have to do it
> every time we have stovies (or whatever the dish is). Is there a way to
copy
> some of my database into his?
>
> How do you other couples journaling? Do you keep completely separate journals, or combine them
> somehow?
>
> Right now, since his point budget is much higher than mine, we don't
really
> have to worry about if hte dinners I make are too high for him. But he did say he'd let me know if
> he happened to have a big lunch, and needed something low point. Oh, and he's also taking the
> leftover stovies from dinner tonight for his lunch tomorrow. He say's it'll be much better than
> the slice of bread and bag of baked chips he had today. :)
>
> I'm so thrilled that he has decided to join me. I have known he has wanted to lose weight for some
> time. He has seen how well I have done, and how
easy
> the program is to follow. I eat regular food, for heaven's sake! So, he is taking the plunge for
> himself. I'm so proud of him.
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

I don't have any ideas for you, wendy, but I just wanted to say YAY for hubby for joining WW Online
with you! That's so neat!

--

~Kristin O~
272/240.8/172

"frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My DH has just joined WWOnline. We are trying to work out the logistics of both of us journaling
> with seperate journals. I have a bunch of dinner recipes that I have created in my database. I
> know he could just type "stovies 4 pts" into the express journaling, but then he'd have to do it
> every time we have stovies (or whatever the dish is). Is there a way to
copy
> some of my database into his?
>
> How do you other couples journaling? Do you keep completely separate journals, or combine them
> somehow?
>
> Right now, since his point budget is much higher than mine, we don't
really
> have to worry about if hte dinners I make are too high for him. But he did say he'd let me know if
> he happened to have a big lunch, and needed something low point. Oh, and he's also taking the
> leftover stovies from dinner tonight for his lunch tomorrow. He say's it'll be much better than
> the slice of bread and bag of baked chips he had today. :)
>
> I'm so thrilled that he has decided to join me. I have known he has wanted to lose weight for some
> time. He has seen how well I have done, and how
easy
> the program is to follow. I eat regular food, for heaven's sake! So, he is taking the plunge for
> himself. I'm so proud of him.
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

Stovies, as my gran made them, is left-over roast beef (or pork or
whatever), with sauteed potatoes (tatties), simmered with water (or broth).
My vegetarian (and low-cal) version is:

Saute 3 med. potatoes in 1/2 T butter plus 1 T oil. I did this in a non-stick electric skillet and
found I could have done with much less fat. However, for taste, use both butter and oil. Saute until
potatoes are translucent around edges. Add 2 c. water, cover and simmer until potatoes are soft.

Add leftover dinner roast (a vegetarian loaf-type frozen product, much like processed chicken roll,
but much tastier) or 3 stakelets (a veg. rectangular burger). Simmer a few more minutes until heated
through, adding more water if needed to make it saucy.

veg. Roast version is 4 pts per serving (serves 8) stakelets version is 5 pts. per serving
(also serves 8)

I serve this with whole wheat bread and peas.

DH makes a similar dish, but browns the potatoes, and doesn't add water. He calls his Hash. Whoever
cooks gets to pick which we have. :)

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

"Paul & Suzie Beckwith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wendy -
>
> What the heck is a stovie? Enquiring minds want to know!
>
> Glad DH is officially joining you - my Paul is semi-joining in, but isn't pointing things he eats
> at the moment, but is happy to work out the points for me with my new database calculator that he
> bought me (or does he just like playing with a new computerised toy?)
>
> Suzie B
> --
> "From the internet connection under the pier" Southend, UK
> --
> Please remove NOSPAM when emailing me! http://community.webshots.com/user/suziekga

Thanks! We both had a great week last week. He says I'm a walking encyclopedia of points. ;-)

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

berlin.de...