Questions -- Ritchey hubs quality, also 24 hole rims?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Pbridge130, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Pbridge130

    Pbridge130 Guest

    Anyone familar with Ritchey Pro and WCS hubs? Decent?
    Quality problems?

    Also, who can tell me what rims are readily available in 24-
    hole drilling? Some of the Ritchey hubsets come 24/28.

    Thanks,

    Peter

    Tags:

  2. << Anyone familar with Ritchey Pro and WCS hubs? Decent?
    Quality problems?
    >><BR><BR>

    Decent, some freehub problems.

    << Also, who can tell me what rims are readily available in
    24-hole drilling? Some of the Ritchey hubsets come 24/28.
    >><BR><BR>

    Ritchey and Velocity

    Boulder, CO, 80302
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  3. << Anyone familar with Ritchey Pro and WCS hubs? Decent?
    Quality problems?
    >><BR><BR>

    Decent, some freehub problems.

    << Also, who can tell me what rims are readily available in
    24-hole drilling? Some of the Ritchey hubsets come 24/28.
    >><BR><BR>

    Ritchey and Velocity

    Boulder, CO, 80302
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  4. Terry Rudd

    Terry Rudd Guest

    I think Peter is right. Their bearings are very smooth and
    the workmanship is pretty high quality. I think they aren't
    as durable as Campy or high end Shimano but they are very
    light. Their skewers are better than most and close smoothly
    and securely.

    I think you can make a great wheelset out of Ritchey's if
    they aren't factory builds, (where I have had two for two
    sets poorly tensioned, resulting in cracked rims in less
    than a year, and where I have heard a large number of
    complaints otherwise). I complained to the Ritchey factory
    reps, who are legendary in their customer support so perhaps
    there are cleaner wheelsets in 2004.

    Have Peter build you a set with Ritchey hubs and Velocity
    rims and you will have a nice set of hoops. He won't like
    bladed spokes but they are so cool when they are done up
    right (yeah, I know, not 3x.. sorry Peter :)

    Terry