Questram (Cholestiramine) age

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Uplbet, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Uplbet

    Uplbet Guest

    Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
    market so far, appropximately?

    Thank you in advance
    --
    uplbet
    (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

    Tags:

  2. noname

    noname Guest

    x-no-archive: yes I've been taking it 8 years .. along with
    Niacin 500 mg 3 times a day. Can't take any statins..
    Lipitor caused Rhabdomyolysis ! SO this was the alternative.
    Good Luck and if you are taking it,you can save a LOT of $$
    by buying it by the can instead of the packets.

  3. Zee

    Zee Guest

    uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
    > market so far, appropximately?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    I first used it in 1989. Unfortunately, it causes muscle
    pain. And cancer.

    B'adant

  4. noname

    noname Guest

    x-no-archive: yes where on earth did you hear that Questran
    causes *cancer* ? references ?

    Zee wrote:

    > uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
    > > market so far, appropximately?
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > I first used it in 1989. Unfortunately, it causes muscle
    > pain. And cancer.
    >
    > B'adant

  5. Uplbet

    Uplbet Guest

    thank you all !
    --
    uplbet
    (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

  6. Zee

    Zee Guest

    [email protected] (Zee) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
    > > market so far, appropximately?
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance.
    >

    > I first used it in 1989. Unfortunately, it causes muscle
    > pain. And cancer.
    >
    > B'adant

    cancer.

    This is I believe related to vitamin depletion and long term
    use--which is variable for each person--and to the difficult
    gastrointestinal problems which are almost unavoidable. I
    have no idea if taking the depleted vitamins as supplement
    would change this but it is usually advised to take them
    with bile acid sequestrants. Fibrate use is also problematic
    for cancer outcome. Rats in clinical research of statins had
    increased cancers.

    Maybe we are meant to reduce our cholesterol.

    B'adant

  7. Zee

    Zee Guest

    [email protected] (Zee) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
    > > market so far, appropximately?
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance.
    >

    > I first used it in 1989. Unfortunately, it causes muscle
    > pain. And cancer.
    >
    > B'adant

    cancer

    Correction: "Maybe we aren't meant to reduce our
    cholesterol." But you knew that...

    B'adant

  8. listener

    listener Guest

    On 8 Mar 2004 14:14:59 -0800, [email protected] (Zee) wrote:

    >[email protected] (Zee) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:<[email protected]>...
    >> > Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
    >> > market so far, appropximately?
    >> >
    >> > Thank you in advance.
    >>

    >> I first used it in 1989. Unfortunately, it causes muscle
    >> pain. And cancer.
    >>
    >> B'adant
    >

    >cancer.
    >
    >This is I believe related to vitamin depletion and long
    >term use--which is variable for each person--and to the
    >difficult gastrointestinal problems which are almost
    >unavoidable. I have no idea if taking the depleted vitamins
    >as supplement would change this but it is usually advised
    >to take them with bile acid sequestrants. Fibrate use is
    >also problematic for cancer outcome. Rats in clinical
    >research of statins had increased cancers.
    >
    >Maybe we are meant to reduce our cholesterol.
    >
    >B'adant

    Freudian slip, huh?

    Can you supply *any* links to studies that support the
    notion the Questram causes cancer?

    (Maybe you should ask Al Lohse about "belief")

    L.