Questram (Cholestiramine) age

Uplbet

Guest
Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
market so far, appropximately?

Thank you in advance
--
uplbet
(in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

x-no-archive: yes I've been taking it 8 years .. along with
Niacin 500 mg 3 times a day. Can't take any statins..
Lipitor caused Rhabdomyolysis ! SO this was the alternative.
Good Luck and if you are taking it,you can save a LOT of $$
by buying it by the can instead of the packets.

uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
> market so far, appropximately?
>
> Thank you in advance.

I first used it in 1989. Unfortunately, it causes muscle
pain. And cancer.

B'adant

x-no-archive: yes where on earth did you hear that Questran
causes *cancer* ? references ?

Zee wrote:

> uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
> > market so far, appropximately?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
>
> I first used it in 1989. Unfortunately, it causes muscle
> pain. And cancer.
>
> B'adant

thank you all !
--

[email protected] (Zee) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
> > market so far, appropximately?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
>

> I first used it in 1989. Unfortunately, it causes muscle
> pain. And cancer.
>
> B'adant

cancer.

This is I believe related to vitamin depletion and long term
use--which is variable for each person--and to the difficult
gastrointestinal problems which are almost unavoidable. I
have no idea if taking the depleted vitamins as supplement
would change this but it is usually advised to take them
with bile acid sequestrants. Fibrate use is also problematic
for cancer outcome. Rats in clinical research of statins had
increased cancers.

Maybe we are meant to reduce our cholesterol.

B'adant

[email protected] (Zee) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
> > market so far, appropximately?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
>

> I first used it in 1989. Unfortunately, it causes muscle
> pain. And cancer.
>
> B'adant

cancer

Correction: "Maybe we aren't meant to reduce our
cholesterol." But you knew that...

B'adant

On 8 Mar 2004 14:14:59 -0800, [email protected] (Zee) wrote:

>[email protected] (Zee) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> uplbet <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:<[email protected]>...
>> > Can somebody tell me how long has Questram been on the
>> > market so far, appropximately?
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance.
>>

>> I first used it in 1989. Unfortunately, it causes muscle
>> pain. And cancer.
>>
>> B'adant
>

>cancer.
>
>This is I believe related to vitamin depletion and long
>term use--which is variable for each person--and to the
>difficult gastrointestinal problems which are almost
>unavoidable. I have no idea if taking the depleted vitamins
>as supplement would change this but it is usually advised
>to take them with bile acid sequestrants. Fibrate use is
>also problematic for cancer outcome. Rats in clinical
>research of statins had increased cancers.
>
>Maybe we are meant to reduce our cholesterol.
>
>B'adant

Freudian slip, huh?

Can you supply *any* links to studies that support the
notion the Questram causes cancer?

(Maybe you should ask Al Lohse about "belief")

L.