Quick link chain for 10-speed

Gig

Guest
I used an SRAM chain on my 9-speed system. Liked it due to the fact it
was easily removed by hand so I could clean it. Does anyone make one
like this for the 10-speed systems? I don't think SRAM does.

Thanks,
Greg

Philip Lee

Guest
Gig wrote:
> I used an SRAM chain on my 9-speed system. Liked it due to the fact it
> was easily removed by hand so I could clean it. Does anyone make one
> like this for the 10-speed systems? I don't think SRAM does.

They will shortly.
--
Philip Lee

KnowWhen2HoldemKnowWhen2Foldem

Guest
KMC

Some people have alluded to using Quick Links on Shimano 10's but I don't
know if that works.

"Gig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I used an SRAM chain on my 9-speed system. Liked it due to the fact it
> was easily removed by hand so I could clean it. Does anyone make one
> like this for the 10-speed systems? I don't think SRAM does.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

There's the wipperman connex 1008. Some sources claim it only works
with campy 10 spd, but Sheldon says it works with all 10 speed systems:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/chains.html

-Mark

Gig wrote:
> I used an SRAM chain on my 9-speed system. Liked it due to the fact it
> was easily removed by hand so I could clean it. Does anyone make one
> like this for the 10-speed systems? I don't think SRAM does.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Guest
Gig wrote:
> I used an SRAM chain on my 9-speed system. Liked it due to the fact it
> was easily removed by hand so I could clean it. Does anyone make one
> like this for the 10-speed systems? I don't think SRAM does.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Mavic/Wipperman and KMC...and the Sram PC-90r is actually 6.2mm, the
same as last years Campag 10s...now all are 5.9mm, including
Campag...or use any '10s' chain and buy a Wipperman snaplink-$8 at
Vecchio's

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Guest
KnowWhen2HoldemKnowWhen2Foldem wrote:
> KMC
>
> Some people have alluded to using Quick Links on Shimano 10's but I don't
> know if that works.

It does, the Wipperman link at 6.05mm, works fine with shimano 10s
chains...

> "Gig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >I used an SRAM chain on my 9-speed system. Liked it due to the fact it
> > was easily removed by hand so I could clean it. Does anyone make one
> > like this for the 10-speed systems? I don't think SRAM does.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Greg

Doug Taylor

Guest
On 12 Jun 2006 20:26:30 -0700, "Gig" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I used an SRAM chain on my 9-speed system. Liked it due to the fact it
>was easily removed by hand so I could clean it. Does anyone make one
>like this for the 10-speed systems? I don't think SRAM does.

As an alternative to Wipperman's asymmetrical Connex, try the
symmetrical IRD Snap Link, which comes in Shimano or Campy versions
(though pricey @ $10.99):

http://www.interlocracing.com/chains.html

As far as the new SRAM 10 speed chain, check this out:

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/9723.0.html

'The PowerChain has hollow pins, and, like other SRAM chains, a master
link, but in this case, the new PowerLock link is not removable.
Pippin credits an engineer in SRAM's Portugal facility for coming up
with PowerLock and says, "the linking system is always the weakest
link, but our 9-speed PowerLink is as strong as the surrounding links.
We wanted to do the same with the connector link in our 10-speed
chain, but because of the constraints of the narrow chain, we made it
a permanent connection." '

John Everett

Guest
On 12 Jun 2006 20:26:30 -0700, "Gig" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I used an SRAM chain on my 9-speed system. Liked it due to the fact it
>was easily removed by hand so I could clean it. Does anyone make one
>like this for the 10-speed systems? I don't think SRAM does.

Not a chain, but a solution. See:

http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='0338-08'

BTW, I've been using these Super Links for over ten years. Never had a
problem with them and they disconnect much more easily than the SRAM
units.

KnowWhen2HoldemKnowWhen2Foldem

Guest
How about using the KMC 10 quick link. I have one now on a KMC 10 chain and
I am thinking about buying a Shimano 10 b/c it is the only available at my
LBS. (I also heard that KMC makes chains for Shimano.)

> KnowWhen2HoldemKnowWhen2Foldem wrote:
>> KMC
>>
>> Some people have alluded to using Quick Links on Shimano 10's but I don't
>> know if that works.

> It does, the Wipperman link at 6.05mm, works fine with shimano 10s
> chains...
>

>> "Gig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> >I used an SRAM chain on my 9-speed system. Liked it due to the fact it
>> > was easily removed by hand so I could clean it. Does anyone make one
>> > like this for the 10-speed systems? I don't think SRAM does.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Greg

Chris Z The Wheelman

Guest
I believe Wipperman does. In fact, I'd like to know if they make a chain
for 7 speed systems, especially in Stainless. Amd where I could get one.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http "colon-slash-slash" geocities "dot" com "slash" czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Chris Z The Wheelman

Guest