Quick link for chain-recommended?

Andrepaul

Sep 15, 2004
I was wondering if the after market chain link that is easily removable by hand is recommended for both mountain and road bikes. I'm wondering if there are tendencies for this link to come apart during hard pedaling. This is a great way to be able to remove and service the chain without having to use a link extractor.

Andrepaul said:
I was wondering if the after market chain link that is easily removable by hand is recommended for both mountain and road bikes. I'm wondering if there are tendencies for this link to come apart during hard pedaling. This is a great way to be able to remove and service the chain without having to use a link extractor.
The SRAM Powerlinks are pretty much tried and tested by very large number of cyclists. If you have lot of money you can opt for the Wipperman version which is also very good.

Andrepaul said:
No problems for me, even under heavy climbing/sprinting loads.

I've been using SRAM chains for years now, never a problem with the master links. With the excellent performance and life of the PC-99, don't miss my old Shimano chains at all.