Quick lube tip from my coach...

Jonathan Bond

Guest
Kinda interesting, I haven't tried it yet, but soon to switch over since my bottle of T9 is leaking
and almost empty ;) Tips are for winter road biking, but he rides Cyclocross and does the same for
that. Did I mention he was the Class B Cyclocross National champion in 2001? Yeah, he's a sandbagger
all right ;)

Leadin' the field at nationals: http://www.portlandvelo.com/Nat_web/pages/Mark%20Abramson%20leads%2-
0and%20wins%20the%20B%20race%20copy.htm

Spray with warm water (if availible), wipe down with either citrus degreaser on a rag or dishwasher
detergent, if you can't get citrus stuff.

Hit the chain with a very light coat of 1:1 mix of Pedro's Ice Wax and Extra Dry.

I'm gonna try it, see how it works. He said it works much better than either one alone, and I'm
inclined to trust him ;)

Jon Bond

> Hit the chain with a very light coat of 1:1 mix of Pedro's Ice Wax and Extra Dry.

I use my urine. The urea contains ions that break down the C-H bonds between the hydrocarbons in the
oil. The hydrogen breaks free, and once it reaches its delta-h of vaporization, it dissociates and
blows up in a big yellow fireball!

Wait, is "Extra Dry" a kind of chain lube or... something else? Hmm... I'm getting thirsty. ;)

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>>Hit the chain with a very light coat of 1:1 mix of Pedro's Ice Wax and Extra Dry.
>

> I use my urine. The urea contains ions that break down the C-H bonds between the hydrocarbons in
> the oil. The hydrogen breaks free, and once it reaches its delta-h of vaporization, it dissociates
> and blows up in a big yellow fireball!

Um.... yeah....

> Wait, is "Extra Dry" a kind of chain lube or... something else? Hmm... I'm getting thirsty. ;)
>
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

Another pedro's lube. However, the other kind is quite important for bike maintenance too.

Jon Bond Lubing is only a 1 drink job tho ;)

Jon Bond says:

<snip lube advice>

Thank God! I thought this was on quite another subject......

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Hit the chain with a very light coat of 1:1 mix of Pedro's Ice Wax and Extra Dry.
>
> I use my urine. The urea contains ions that break down the C-H bonds between the hydrocarbons in
> the oil. The hydrogen breaks free, and once
it
> reaches its delta-h of vaporization, it dissociates and blows up in a big yellow fireball!

Travis? That you?

--
Chris
________________

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip useful bits to kill context...>

At first I read that subject as "Quick lube tip from my couch." Then I realized it was "coach" and
that made it even worse...

Man, the BikeMojo.com forum has warped my fragile little mind.

-will

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 05:48:06 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
[snip tip]

Prolink,

:-]

Bill Wheeler wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 05:48:06 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
> [snip tip]
>

> Prolink,
>

> The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
> give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

Then again, it also helps that he has loads of extra pedros stuff sitting around. I think we were
sponsored by pedros once upon a time, and they just gave us loads of the shite. Either that, or his
cyclocross team (boston cross) is sponsored.

Jon Bond