Quick QR & disc brake question

small change

Guest
fiddling with my kid's bike today ( haro w/mechanical discs on it) He took
the qr skewer completely apart to get his wheel off, and I just want to know
if the qr goes on the disc side, riders left or right. Or if it doesn't
matter as long as the brake works...

small change wrote:
> fiddling with my kid's bike today ( haro w/mechanical discs on it) He took
> the qr skewer completely apart to get his wheel off, and I just want to know
> if the qr goes on the disc side, riders left or right. Or if it doesn't
> matter as long as the brake works...

Same side as the rotor.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> small change wrote:
>> fiddling with my kid's bike today ( haro w/mechanical discs on it)
>> He took the qr skewer completely apart to get his wheel off, and I
>> just want to know if the qr goes on the disc side, riders left or
>> right. Or if it doesn't matter as long as the brake works...
>>

> Same side as the rotor.

thanks, that's what I thought but I figured I better make sure.

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> small change wrote:
> > fiddling with my kid's bike today ( haro w/mechanical discs on it) He

took
> > the qr skewer completely apart to get his wheel off, and I just want to

know
> > if the qr goes on the disc side, riders left or right. Or if it doesn't
> > matter as long as the brake works...
> >

> Same side as the rotor.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Actually, I put mine on the "opposite"
side of the rotor just in case I have a
flat and have to take the wheel off so
I don't get burned with a possibly hot
rotor. If this does not bother you, then \
it doesn't matter which side - IMHO.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Zilla wrote:
> Actually, I put mine on the "opposite"
> side of the rotor just in case I have a
> flat and have to take the wheel off so
> I don't get burned with a possibly hot
> rotor.

Same here.

JD

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> small change wrote:
>
>> fiddling with my kid's bike today ( haro w/mechanical discs on it) He
>> took the qr skewer completely apart to get his wheel off, and I just
>> want to know if the qr goes on the disc side, riders left or right. Or
>> if it doesn't matter as long as the brake works...
>>

> Same side as the rotor.

Why's that? It seems to be easier to access on the opposite side.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> small change wrote:
>>
>>> fiddling with my kid's bike today ( haro w/mechanical discs on it) He
>>> took the qr skewer completely apart to get his wheel off, and I just
>>> want to know if the qr goes on the disc side, riders left or right.
>>> Or if it doesn't matter as long as the brake works...
>>>

>> Same side as the rotor.
>>

> Why's that? It seems to be easier to access on the opposite side.
>
> Greg

Aesthetically pleasing.

Actually, a very good bike mech I know said he has seen quite a few
messed up wheels with the QR handle getting mangled in the dérailleur.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws