Quick Questain

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by SethTop, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. SethTop

    SethTop Guest

    About how long does it take to learn how to go backwards? (Also include
    how long it took you to go forwards incase its all relative.)

    --
    SethTop - Working on lvl 3

    I'll live forever or die trying.
    SethTop's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7821

  2. shadowuni

    shadowuni Guest

    well, it took me about a week to learn how to ride as far as i wanted. i
    would say it took me also about a week of light - medium practicing to
    learn to go backwards. backwards is hard because its the reverse of
    everything you have learned so far(forwards), and its visually
    disorienting to not be able to see where youre going. looking back may
    help, but puts me off balance. i would say learn to idle well, then try
    to do one full revolution backwards, then two, then just keep going.

    --
    shadowuni - Unicycling wins, hands free

    "No one is taller than the last man standing"
    "i need new those, mine are died" -me, after destroying my snafus

    Me: "could you replace the rim on this uni when i get the new one?"
    Bike store guy: "Oh, HELL NO!!"
    Moral: Cokers are big
    shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

  3. shadowuni wrote:
    > *well, it took me about a week to learn how to ride as far as i
    > wanted. i would say it took me also about a week of light - medium
    > practicing to learn to go backwards. backwards is hard because its
    > the reverse of everything you have learned so far(forwards), and its
    > visually disorienting to not be able to see where youre going. looking
    > back may help, but puts me off balance. i would say learn to idle
    > well, then try to do one full revolution backwards, then two, then
    > just keep going. *

    PSH! It took you a long time to go backward lol. A long time indeed. Oh
    the memories. Check PMs.

    --
    TheObieOne3226 - Judge me by my size, do you?

    [image: http://img54.exs.cx/img54/4743/yodaweedresize.jpg]

  4. tennisgh22

    tennisgh22 Guest

  5. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    I kind of practiced backwards every once in a while, and got better very
    slowly. Just whenever I'm screwing around on my unicycle, I tried to go
    backwards. And eventually, I got better. Now I can go as far as I want.

    --
    James_Potter - Nil Desperandum

  6. Tim

    Tim Guest

    TheObieOne3226 wrote:
    > *I never practised it. Just by getting better unicycle balance I
    > learned it automatically i guess. I learned seat out riding only after
    > getting good at seta out hops. *

    Same here I got good at riding backwards by just getting better at other
    riding and some one asked me if I could ride backwards I tryed and did.
    Seat out hop helps so much with seat out ride which I can do now pretty
    well.

    --
    Tim - Thread Killer

    "He's on a unicycle we'll never catch him now!" -Fred from Scooby Doo
    Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

  7. tuna6869

    tuna6869 Guest

    Just wanted to ask Obieone what his signiture picture says cause I can't
    read the bottom line. I think the picture is great!

    --
    tuna6869 - Patriotic Unicycler

    Jamey Mossengren

    Smile! :) It makes people wonder what you're up to!

    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
    moments that take our breath away"

    tuna6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1526

  8. Errr...

    | Attachment filename: yodaweed.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/237291|

    TheObieOne3226 - Judge me by my size, do you?

    [image: http://img54.exs.cx/img54/4743/yodaweedresize.jpg]

  9. tuna6869

    tuna6869 Guest

    That's frickin awseme!!