Quick Question re:Great North Road.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Guest
Hi just a quick question to anyone who has ridden the great north road from
Wisemans ferry, would one need full nobby's on or would the half and half
tyres do the job ? Just trying to save myself extra legwork !!
Thanks,
Steve.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wrote:

> Hi just a quick question to anyone who has ridden the great north road from
> Wisemans ferry, would one need full nobby's on or would the half and half
> tyres do the job ? Just trying to save myself extra legwork !!
> Thanks,
> Steve.

Standard road tyres are fine.
Did it a number of time on 27" 1.125" tyres with gneric tread.

The major problem is sand drifts, the gravel (pebbles)

Thanks !!

news:[email protected]...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII wrote:
> Hi just a quick question to anyone who has ridden the great north road
> from Wisemans ferry, would one need full nobby's on or would the half
> and half tyres do the job ? Just trying to save myself extra legwork !!
> Thanks, Steve.

Ordinary standard tyres should be fine , I've ridden that road a coupl
of times. The track gets sandy in some spots , a few rock steps and bab
heads but 90% of the time you'll be cruisin. Have fun

-